Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zup guys? some idiot ran over my bike...while it was parked...and teh plastic is all scratched up and whatnot...especially the front/center fairing. i was wondering if i could use the fairings off of a 92 to get rid of that snub nose look.

and..is there any other places besides sharkskinz and aerotech that make plastics? all the ones they seem to have don't look fabulous to me.

rock on
-wil

·
Registered
865 Posts
Talk about bad luck...just snagged it & then shagged it...hehe.
Sorry to hear about it, sorry I cant offer any suggestions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
man, sorry that friggin sux...the guy that hit it should be hunted and tortured by doing burnouts on his face...
i dont know about the older gixxers but ive used newer fairings for other bikes..you may have to fabricate a bracket or two, but if you can get at least one hole in the plastic to line up on either side then you can probably get it to hold.. the trick is getting it to fit with the lowers...if you use newer lowers too then it will be really hard to get it all to line up with the lower brackets...
also remember with new farings comes new a headlight assembly as well..which in turn means more fabricated brackets..
the best thing for you to do is hit the gsxr forum and ask the experts
http://www.gixxer.com

good luck

devils playmate...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i'm already chillin on gixxer.com Jedi_PimP. you there? anyway, the headlight assembly on the oil cooled appears to be the same dual headlights my 87 has. thanks man.

rock on
-wil

·
Registered
83 Posts
nah, i ride an R1 so i would be boo'ed right off that site..haha
but im thinking about getting a 96 gixxer in the spring for a stunt bike...i may join then...

devils playmate..

...always ride faster than the demons in your closet...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Try checking out www.gsxrhouse.com they have some cool pics to give you some ideas of what you could do. What you will find out is it just takes time and money and you can do about anything you can dream up. If you are looking at going with a new style front end just about everything but the tail will have to be replace to get it to line up right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's the tail that looks chunky

hmmm...it's really only the tail that bugs me...it looks like i'm sitting on a brick ;) does teh subframe have to be swapped out or is it possible to just mod something together...hmmm...i'm getting my bike back together tomorrow, so i'll be able to take a look

rock on
-wil

·
Registered
120 Posts
The tail would be easy to do unlike the front. Just like devils playmate stated you would have to fab up some new mounting points but you could use just about any tail you wanted to. You might even look at some wrecked bikes and get a whole sub-frame and set it up to work on your bike. Like I said before it just takes time and money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts