Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah today was my first day really tryin to ride out some wheelies, and i did one pretty good and a bunch of smaller ones, got pretty close to the balance point on that one i rode out pretty long. now heres my question....my rf900 is 937cc and like 125 hp stock....why cant i just hit the gas and lift that bitch up?!? i have to slip the clutch and pop it at like 7k and lift up and lean back. is the bike just longer wheelbase, i mean i know its a "sport touring" bike kinda and i sit a little different than on sportbikes, but i mean should it be that damn hard? also there is NO WAY i can pop that front end up in 2nd gear, i tried droppin the clutch at like 11k rpm goin like 65-70 mph and NOTHIN! so do i suck at this or is my bike just big and hard to do this with? i could ride wheelies like crazy on my dirtbikes and i can practically sit back and just chill on my back wheel on my downhill mtn bike, whats wrong with me and this motorcycle? maybe i just need more practice, but i was hittin that throttle pretty hard and droppin the clutch and it was gettin close to balance point but not quite you know. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
969 Posts
look around too many posts telling you how. It's all about controlling the throttle. gotta let up a little to drop the front then get on it. Takes some practice and it's nothing like dirtbikes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts