Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it just me or is this offering outrageous (sp?) ?
try the link, if not, its under cycletrader.com under monster m900 at $5300 w/ pic

1996 DUCATI Monster M900, great bike low mileage new tires bridgestone btx010 carbon everything: license plate holder rear hugger dash panel heel guards Staintune carbon slip-ons added tachometer 520 chain conversion dynojet stage II jet kit clean title negotiable call jaycee leave message if you dont catch me. or email me here, i have a pic if it does not show up here,

the tank has two small dents in it, paint is not scratched..

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh hey...

thanks..!

howd you do that! i couldnt do that, course i dont run a website..;)

and i was wondering what you guys thought? too much?

there are two small dents on the tank that you would never notice as you ride, and the painnt isnt scratched..

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Paperwork

Gixxerboy:

Sounds like a good deal, but only if the owner can produce written proof that the valves were checked and adjusted by a reputable Ducati dealer every 6,000mi. and only synthetic oil was used after break-in.

This is what happens to a lot of Ducatis. People buy them, install all of the goodies and then find that they are too uncomfortable or too fast or whatever and then sell them with very few miles.

BTW do not be alarmed by a "jangling" noise when the motor is running and the clutch is pulled in. The dry clutch makes a lot of noise, especially if the owner has installed a vented clutch cover.

Check the paperwork, ride it if you can, try to get him down a few hundred $ and enjoy.

"Low mileage" would be under 15,000 mi.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha

desmo079 said:

D-OH!!!!!!
i can provide proof that the valves were serviced wit new belts. and the guy that i bought it from didnt do all that and realized hhe didnt want it , he bought it new, lives literally across the street from the canyons, and didnt have too much time to ride it, now he has no space cuz he works for bmw and provided him with a new motorcycle that he can tour wit his daughter with so he opted to sell, i bought and didnt like it so im selling, i actually only rode the motorcycle 3 times, and i spent about 6 hours in the canyons with it, turns great, juss dont like the seating position, needs some more rev.. :p

thanks for the input and if you could put out the word, negotiable, not trying to "sucker" anyone.. :) tris..

·
Registered
455 Posts
For around here it would be too much especially with the dinged up tank. At 4500 it might sell. In CA who knows?
In GA I could get one perfect and 3 years newer for that money.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow

i imagine that there are not that many monsters in GA to begin with and not many people ride them, i think the demand is probably better out here. for 5300 and 3 years newer, sounds hard to believe, your talking about 1999 ducati m900 that retails for like 9 thousand off the lot i think....

anyhow, all good feedback thanks...

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I agree with lucifer on this one. They bike wouldn't sell for that out here. Monsters just don't seem to hold much value. They really are a bit of a love 'em or hate 'em type of bike.

Good luck though, I would think that your luck would be better in CA. :cool:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow

i imagine that there are not that many monsters in GA to begin with and not many people ride them, i think the demand is probably better out here. for 5300 and 3 years newer, sounds hard to believe, your talking about 1999 ducati m900 that retails for like 9 thousand off the lot i think....

anyhow, all good feedback thanks...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts