Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man does that track look good. That fast righthander then up over the hill.
I heard somewhere on the commentary that it's the same German bloke that did Sepang.
And what a good race. No disrespect, but it was nice to see Rossi struggle for a change.
Bloody top event.

Was a bit pissed off that Boycie got the winner right but that was compensated by Giblet screwing it up again and even more so when he got back to the pits and spat the dummy. What a berk :twofinger

·
Registered
315 Posts
Was thinking the same about the track

Looks very tricky though, with all those linked turns.

Hermann Tilke is the name (thought a fellow engineer woud know that). Said to have designed Shanghai and Bahrain as well though tilke.com only mentions Sepang.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No surprise

Not surprised. I tend to forget famous Germans as soon as possible...same thing happens with Suzuki riders :twofinger

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What i wouldn;t give to go throu the M section at the end with a load of mates. It'd be like billy smarts circus.

Thats where Melandri was so quick too. Rossi was loosing out to him everytime through there. Such a bugger to get right.
My boy Haydon was cookin AGAIN GD.

Can't wait for next season. Who's you money on then??? or are you all going to jump on the obvious Melandri band wagon.

High hopes for Pedrosa but it'll take a season or 2

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yeah nicely done by Nicky BUT my play money for 06 goes on my obvious and only choice - Vermeulen :thumb: :thumb:

Give him a handful more starts and he'll have that thing flying :D :D

I hope Pedrosa has started some serious working out.... Can't see how he'll handle the big beast ;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pedrosa's pretty tough. Did you hear that he's ridden the last 3 races with a fracutured arm that he didn't tell anybody about!!!

I've already offered by expert tuition in gaining body mass:twofinger

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
bigphil said:
Pedrosa's pretty tough. Did you hear that he's ridden the last 3 races with a fracutured arm that he didn't tell anybody about!!!

I've already offered by expert tuition in gaining body mass:twofinger
He is going into Moto GP not Sumo:twofinger

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheeky git Tug.
I noticed your body is still a temple ....at the pub:finger:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
BP ... I just don't get your fasination with that twit He-done.

If he was an Aussie or a Kiwi he would never have got so far, and given his perfomance todate on the top bike in the top bike .... the team should really take a leaf out of the 1-4 dating guide and bin-the-bitch.

In his defence he has .. youth ... he's American ... and has a gay boy smile. I know this is not a peculiar penchant of yours so it can't be these reasons you favour him so blindly... although the sight of you on the cover of the next 'Out' magazine would be right funny big fella hehehe :D

Pedrosa will be king. He will make everyone else look like way past their sale by date, and will force Rossi into a Ferrari.

And yes, I have not been on a track for years, hardly ride anymore, need to start dying my hair and have middle age spread ... so have self upgrade to an honourary LEGENDARY arm chair general.

Your all cannon fodder and should be fed to the pigs :drool:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
COme on Legend you can do better than that .

After Abe left i had to find someone new to follow. I tend to look for riding style. Just like the way Haydon rides.
Why the hell would they bin somebody thats on the pace, on the podium and on Melandri's [email protected]!!:twofinger

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hahaha ... true enough ... that was a shite attempt at winding you up ..... I am clearly out of practice .....

So .. Boycie ... your a big fat girly blousey thing and Nils is more of a man than you and has much bigger balls and rides faster ... :D

Now then, were was I .... oh yes ... nope, don't like the riding style either. Now, if you have used that as your defence for favouring the other 'world-police' ... opps .. American, Colin Edwards ... then I would have completely agreed. Anyone else notice that Colin rides like the Legend??

Next ...:thumb:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Eh?

Now then, were was I .... oh yes ... nope, don't like the riding style either. Now, if you have used that as your defence for favouring the other 'world-police' ... opps .. American, Colin Edwards ... then I would have completely agreed. Anyone else notice that Colin rides like the Legend??
Can anyone translate this for me? preferably into English?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heh Leg end! when you off to party town then my boy?

Are you gettin an apartment there or have you done a long term deal with the Safari Beach Resort:D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Have had a place sorted for about 3 months now .... with one leg in Sillyp and the other in heaven.

It's in Kathu ... fab i.e cheap ;-)

Giving up the digs in Sillyp mid December ....

·
Registered
726 Posts
Do we sound like a bunch of privateers?

I'm just curious:

At least 40% of the group don't have a bike

Most of us are over 35

We regularly meet to decide how to change the world (or at least we used to)

1 is off to Thailand with contestant Number 3

1 (at least) is about 30kg overweight :D :twofinger :D

1 is in London riding a bike sponsored by IKEA

1 is in Singapore who often proudly displays his collection of gravel

1 stars in TV ads as a miner and has a burd waaaay better than he deserves

1 is a recent father and is in to twin moon watching :drool:

1 is a guy who often mistakes girls in pubs for guys

1 is a miserable old git who loves #69

1 is in HK flying planes around the harbour

1 is a major Oil Distributor

1 has been seen in other people's gear riding other people's bikes around circuits in countries he doesn't even live in

And those are/were just the regulars!!!!

:twofinger :D :twofinger :D :twofinger :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheeky git

and in my defence.
69 is a great number...how ever you LOOK at IT:cool:

This forum is called Singapore and not "i've moved away filling me pockets" So apart from having fogotten more about bikes than you lot i still live here :twofinger

The up side is ..there's a lot more room at the bar now you deep pockets gits have buggered off and Muddys actually has pork scratchins and can keep up with demand. The birds in 4 floors don't run a mile when they see somebody carrying a helmet.
I'm a lot faster now you've left cos i don;t have to worry about some moron checkin his sump plug on the appex of turn 2 at PG.

This place just gets better:thumb:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
You guys sound like regular misfits from our side of the world. :D

So what you guys doing over there (Turkey and South Asia)? Is it job, duty call, booty call? Or just the thrill of different lifestyle/culture? I just figured it was because of racing, and perhaps racing at cheaper price than West (US for that matter). Anyone been to track at Qatar as well?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts