Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the "Tear-Offs" section, page 79 of the October issue of Motorclist:

He's back, and he's pissed. Five-time 500cc World Champion Mick Doohan is throwing his celebrity weight behind a possible lawsuit brought by animal right' activists against the producers of the TV show Survivor: the Austrailian Outback. According to Doohan's representitives, a contestant killed an alleged wild pig during the second season of the interest-challenged show in Austrailia, prompting activists to cry foul. "Based on my experience," said Doohan in a press release, "the bloodthirsty Survivior 2 contestant was not dealing with a wild pig-unless the animal had been weakened by some means prior to the encounter." Doohan backs up his claim by stating a wild pig "...would never venture onto a busy television set." Animal-rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is threatning legal action over the incedent.

:( :angry: Am I gonna be forced to lose all respect for Mick for helping out PETA, who I hate more than any other organization in the world.:(:angry: :confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
No kidding. It's OK to kill like a million pigs a day so we can have bacon with our eggs but they get all wadded up about one getting killed on TV. Enough hypocrisy (sp?) already.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have to side with Doohan. It's terrible that they killed a wild pig on national television. Animals should be treated better than humans. Fuk the starving masses who suffer from malnutrition and disease. I would gladly save one pig, than thousands of third world pieces-o-shit. If I were Doohan, I'd throw a lot of money toward PETA with the hopes they continue their vigilante efforts to terrorize and harm those responsible for the meaningless death of an animal.

Mick, my friend, I commend you.

·
Registered
455 Posts
748 abuser said:
I have to side with Doohan. It's terrible that they killed a wild pig on national television. Animals should be treated better than humans. Fuk the starving masses who suffer from malnutrition and disease. I would gladly save one pig, than thousands of third world pieces-o-shit. If I were Doohan, I'd throw a lot of money toward PETA with the hopes they continue their vigilante efforts to terrorize and harm those responsible for the meaningless death of an animal.

Mick, my friend, I commend you.
What's scary is that you are probably joking but I really feel this way. Humans are a dime a dozen. That's why I laugh my ass off when fat assed Sally struthers sits next to the starving indian kid and asks us to help. :barf:

·
Registered
987 Posts
748 abuser said:
Fuk the starving masses who suffer from malnutrition and disease. I would gladly save one pig, than thousands of third world pieces-o-shit
Your life of privilege, which you no doubt earned well before you were born, has not been enough to allow you to develop a sense of compassion, has it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
DoubleAught said:

Your life of privilege, which you no doubt earned well before you were born, has not been enough to allow you to develop a sense of compassion, has it?
You know he's joking right?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm not against hunting, but I am against "canned" hunting...While I don't watch that kind of mainstream crap on TV, that scenario sounds pretty fishy to me too. I'm NOT a vegetarian, and I ride a 2 stroke dirtbike, so I'm not a tree hugger either. I think Ted Nugent is a REAL D1ckhead, not because he hunts, but because he gets a boner every time he sees blood. Ever watch some of his "hunting" videos???What a douchebag!!There's nothing wrong with killing and eating animals , as long as it's done humanely...Sooooo...Go ahead and flame me all you like...I guarantee you it won't bother me in the least....Jimmy G.

·
Registered
206 Posts
jimmyjr said:
I think Ted Nugent is a REAL D1ckhead, not because he hunts, but because he gets a boner every time he sees blood. Ever watch some of his "hunting" videos???What a douchebag!!There's nothing wrong with killing and eating animals , as long as it's done humanely...Sooooo...Go ahead and flame me all you like...I guarantee you it won't bother me in the least....Jimmy G.
I agree. I hate Ted Nugent. I don't really agree with hunting...It's killing for enjoyment. There's no sport to it, the animals are at an overwhelming disadvantage to technology. And enough of this "I eat what I kill" BS; go to the deli if you want some meat.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: Is Doohan a tree hugging nazi?

Yes he is. In fact, he is the honorary president of our local Tree Hugging Nazi chapter. Great guy.....only eats vegemite sandwiches.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Walksw/3legs said:
I don't really agree with hunting...It's killing for enjoyment. There's no sport to it, the animals are at an overwhelming disadvantage to technology.
You've opened up a serious topic of debate. Obviously, you lack the knowledge of animal and land management. I'll let some of the other members have a shot at you first (pun intended).

I believe in:

Clubbing baby seals
Whaling for profit
Harvesting old growth forest
Clear cutting the rainforest
Wearing furs
Eating meat
Trophy hunting
Strip mining
Oil drilling
Nuclear power
Undergorund nuclear testing
Damming rivers
Spray-on deodorant

Just to name a few. I'll probably be dead in less than 50 years, so what the fuk should I care?

P

·
0 Posts
Walksw/3legs said:
I agree. I hate Ted Nugent. I don't really agree with hunting...It's killing for enjoyment. There's no sport to it, the animals are at an overwhelming disadvantage to technology. And enough of this "I eat what I kill" BS; go to the deli if you want some meat.
In all seriousness, Ted does come across as pretty blood-thirsty. IMO, he doesn't do much for the image of hunters. WW/3Legs, I happen to be an avid hunter, but I can understand your point of view. Hopefully, what I have to say will at least give you another perspective to consider. Yes, there are some hunting outfits where there is not much "sport" in the hunt. Battery-operated deer feeders situated 50 yards from an enclosed, gas-heated deer stand on a fenced-in piece of property doesn't constitute a sport, and I do not participate in such events. However, keep in mind that even outfits like that are beneficial to game management and the proliferation of species that would otherwise over-populate, and die out as a result of starvation and disease. It may be hard to believe, but if that outfit wasn't there, there would be *less* wildlife. The basic fact of the matter is that without hunting, our country's wildlife would be in a far more critical state. We have to balance the destruction of our natural resources with that of its wild inhabitants. I could go on forever, as I am passionate about this topic, but enough is enough. ;)

Oh, one more thing, if I may. The types of hunting that I do, well, yeah, a deer doesn't have much of a chance once his shoulder is in my crosshairs, but there was a lot of sport involved in getting him there. And what I don't eat always gets donated. Most states have programs where they will take your donated game and distribute it to needy families. I guess I could just give them a ham next time. :D

S

·
0 Posts
I don't agree with hunting ! It's sick !! I much rather stuffing hundreds of cattle in a small field, beefing them up with steroids , then leading them into a slaughter house where they are clubbed with sledgehammers (hey you gotta tenderize the meat) or disemboweled while still alive. Now that's sport !

·
Registered
582 Posts
Adam, they use a nail gun, not sledgehammers.. A single shot to the center of the skull, while it's head is inside a stockade...It's about as humane as you can get, short of showing them sweeping aerial views of the countryside, as in the movie, SOYLENT GREEN. And the cows are NOT disemboweled while they are alive...At least not in the U.S. Now in China, you should see what they do to LIVE cats and dogs before they eat them!!!Skinned and boiled ALIVE...THAT's SICK!!Absolutely no respect for life WHATSOEVER.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts