Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has muslims around the world riled up. Flag burning is getting particulalry intense... But europeans keep on printing them.. Are they just trying to piss people off. Nope.. something about freedom of speech is sacred.

SO HOW COME US MEDIA ISNT PUBLISHING ANYTHING OF THE KIND? DONT THEY BELIEVE IN FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Keeping up with the economics...

Didnt anyone think it was abit strange that it was the danes of all people who started this whole cartoon thing...
Denmark is the third largest oil producer in Western Europe

Nope.. Not strange at all. Freedom of speech or attack on the competition?

I'm guessing abit of both.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But someone Did make a freedom of press issue out of it didnt they? Those cartoons didnt crawl into a paper all by themselves? and they just happened to crawl into a paper of the nation that is a large oil supplier, and they happened to piss of the rest of the world's oil suppliers. you gotta look at motives...

That said, yeah I completely agree with the newspapers. Even if they were writing jokes about russians, I'd still agree. There is no guaranteed right not to be offended, and all this PC crap is BS.

So why isnt the US media printing the cartoons?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi Vash-

My guess is because everyone around the globe tip-toes around Muslims and their so-called outrage over perceived slights.

Thousands of students staged violent marches in Pakistan shouting, "Death to Denmark!" and "Death to France!" while burning flags of both countries. There were gunmen holding journalists hostage over this cartoon seeking apologies. In some cases, the captive journalists weren't even affiliated with the newspapers who printed the pictures! These terrorist monsters are too wild-eyed with murderous intent to even think rationally.

The sooner that decent and peace-loving people around the world (not just Americans) understand that we are in a war for civilization, the better we'll find ourselves. The movement of violent Wahhabism/Islamism must be stopped. They are bloodthirsty fundamentalists and will only be satisfied when the "Infidels" are dead.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
310 Posts
How about Salman Rushde and his Satanic Verses? I think there is still a "hit" order on him issued by Muslim leaders. My feeling is that most average Muslims don't really care a whole lot about perceived insults. It is the gangster mentality of the Muslim world's leadership that wants to keep things stirred up for their own purposes and direct the anger, any anger, away from them.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Anyone see a trend here? Religion... created to control the illiterate and ignorant masses... now responsible for the steady decline and downfall of mankind. The cause for more wars than anything I can think of, we have religion to thank for terrorism, impossible peace, and one hell of a headache. If you're so afraid of the unknown we call death... then fine, have your religion. But don't press it on others. And surely don't get so pissy when someone makes a cartoon strip about it that you would tell your followers to go to war and cut off heads over it. It's a goddamn cartoon. This is how rediculous religion has become. What was originally designed to be a guidline to living a good moral life is now degenerated to an excuse to destroy other nations. Morphed and mutated while used by political leaders, religion has lost its use. I swear, the only reason that religions talk of armageddon is because they will be responsible for it! If you're that insecure and psycho about your beliefs that a cartoon strip insites riots and calls up war... so be it. I'll go to war and have no problem sending your pathetic petty little ass to whatever it is you call God!

(in case you couldn't tell, this shit pisses me off!)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
In truth I am surprised that it was a Danish paper that started it & also surprised a French paper showed what all the fuss was about, feeling it was the right of their paper & freedom of speech. Considering France has so many Muslims. Though look at all the masses of Muslims at so many other countries are raising a stink with mobs of them on the streets declairing war on Denmark, France & the very country they are living in presently.

Good posts Blue Jays, Desert-Lad & roadstains. I think something is so worng in that one religious group, in said countries can raise such a stink only they know the Govts of said country have become so soft they will not be throwen in jail or shot on the spot.

Unfortunately the muslim religion is just as crazy as the Christian one though they have so many, in the Muslim religion, that feel the white people & all of other religions are infidels that should be killed.

Also in said Western Countries they are realizing if they do the same there is a good chance they will give the muslim radicals mor reason to start bombing & killing people of that country as the USA, UK, Spain, Indonesia & so many others. After all to strap on a suicide bomg to walk into a place crowded with humans, mainly of not muslim religion, & your death is awarded by who knows what when you are dead.

Obviously our countries & the laws are far, far to soft. Though that is not the full answer other then to say why many countries are not making fun of the muslim religion or their beliefs.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had some time to think about it, and here is why this scenario doesnt sit right with me.

While we could very well be on the verge of ww3 (it might have begun already) I think most will agree that we'd rather not have an all encopasing, biblical style war. The strategy has been devide and conquer. Arab countries have been at each others throats for as long as they have been around, so we're picking them off one by one.
An insult like that only unites them. And how does that help us?

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
The cartoon was as inflaming as a cartoon in the West would be showing some version of Christ in any number of blasphemous acts. You bet, we have freedom of speech. Ever seen a cartoon like the one I've noted? No and the reason is simple logic. Intentionally inflaming a bad situation is irresponsible, IMO. Kinda like having imams encourage their membership to engage in suicide bombings. By many of your accounts, there's nothing wrong with that, right?

That said, the numerous years of Middle Easterners burning the American flag is as bad for many Americans, so tit for tat.

I really don't care about any of the situation. Its been a certainty in my mind there will be a WW3. But a reality check is in order. Perhaps sold as religious, this is entirely about resources. As are almost all wars in history; Middle Age Holy Wars are the only exception I can think of. Oil, period. We want what they have and tacitly control their world to get it. They're pissed.

You don't see our meddling in places like Mogadishu or other African countries, do you? Certainly not in the same ballpark as we're "engaging" in Middle Eastern affairs.

:2cents:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Vash -

So many irish/jewish/polock / Religious jokes fly around... and noone flinches.

Print one mohommad joke and this is the reaction we recieve...

in short... I am all for gunning people like that down, and to me, your preaching about freedom of speech is rubbing me completely the wrong way. These sick twisted people are ready to behead someone over something as simple as a cartoon. Step off your high horse and take a look around for a moment.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my high horse? wtf did you come up with that one?

FFS, you are advocating "gunning down" and entire nation. I'm all for protecting national interest, but I think genocide might be going abit far.

I agree with kan, this war is about resources and allies. religion is guise, so lets not fall for it.
There is no question that morally I'm on the side of free speech. But in the current situation, is that helping anyone? Is it a productive act? What is it going to lead to? Lots of people getting killed.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Remember these days boys and girls, our children are going to be reading about them in history books.

First there was a massive reaction of "There is no conflict", and its slowly turning into a massive reaction of "We want blood". And calmer heads are dissapearing...

You know what we learned from history? Not a damn thing.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Vash said:

FFS, you are advocating "gunning down" and entire nation.

Negative... I am advocating gunning down people who protest using signs that say "behead" or "kill".

We already lost 4,000 people to those who want to kill people who believe in other religions... and you are saying we should appologize to these very people over a cartoon?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ZX6R1033 said:
Negative... I am advocating gunning down people who protest using signs that say "behead" or "kill".

We already lost 4,000 people to those who want to kill people who believe in other religions... and you are saying we should appologize to these very people over a cartoon?
Fuck no. You think I went soft and liberal on you?

We're in a fight, and we're in to win. Dont doubt my commitment to that. I'm just saying we should fight smart, keeping the conflcts small and isolated as possible. Not making massive gestures of shit talking, which is essenteally what this cartoon thing is.. lots of perfectly legal shit talking. And the demonstations are exactly the same.. more shit talking.

You gotta think about the muslim world just a bit. I'm sure they arent all born evil bastards that want to kill americans. Its a result of lots of propaganda, maybe its best to dissasemble the power structure and not wage war on continents?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Vash said:
Fuck no. You think I went soft and liberal on you?

We're in a fight, and we're in to win. Dont doubt my commitment to that. I'm just saying we should fight smart, keeping the conflcts small and isolated as possible. Not making massive gestures of shit talking, which is essenteally what this cartoon thing is.. lots of perfectly legal shit talking. And the demonstations are exactly the same.. more shit talking.

You gotta think about the muslim world just a bit. I'm sure they arent all born evil bastards that want to kill americans. Its a result of lots of propaganda, maybe its best to dissasemble the power structure and not wage war on continents?

Proof positive of that one...

In the most expensive Turkish movie ever made, American soldiers in Iraq crash a wedding and pump a little boy full of lead in front of his mother.

Advance tickets are selling out all around Turkey for 'Valley of the Wolves Iraq.' In the movie, U.S. soldiers storm a wedding party, killing dozens.

They kill dozens of innocent people with random machine gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison - where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv.

As for the shit talking... You do realize that we are probably getting blamed for the cartoons regardless of our envolvement, right?

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
ZX6R1033 said:
You do realize that we are probably getting blamed for the cartoons regardless of our envolvement, right?
Just as all Muslims will ultimately be lumped in with terrorist camps. And we're asking that population to step in, aren't we? Isn't this a kettle-pot situation?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I do... I just got done reading that.. a couple of days ago I stumbled on "radio free islam" website... go have a read, the shit is thick there...

There is no question that a massive conflict is in the works. And we'll have to fight... but somehow it right when things get the most critical is when people start loosing their ability to think

1 - 20 of 70 Posts