Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just wundering if the yamaha r6 is a good starter bike as thay are my favorite and i will start riding soon as i dont have my lisence yet but i have been riding dirt bikes and 4 wheelers for a long time and was wondering how much differend they are

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Is a viper a good car for a first time driver?

You might want to read some of the other threads in the "New Riders" forum before you ask this question. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sh*T!

LMAO, good one, Robert! An R6 is a little to intense for you. Try the YZF-600R. I did 90mph w/ ease during my first ride. Is that fast enough for you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually u helped out alot looked around at the yzf-600r and am probley gonna get one of those in stead as i can get those used pretty cheap around here

·
Registered
218 Posts
agree on 600R

R6 Freak.. I got a new 600R as my first bike, and minus my testosterone induced accident before my MSF, I have not had any trouble getting into Riding with this bike. Good luck.:thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
No. I rode an '88 ex 500 for a few years before I moved up to an R6, and looking back I probably should have waited even longer. I had a couple of close calls within the first few weeks I had the bike. As much as I love my R6, I'm very glad it wasn't my first ride or I probably wouldn't be around to type this. I'd recommend starting on an old bike (you're *going* to drop it) and take it slow...

·
Registered
45 Posts
r6=death

I am about to take the saftey course in 2 weeks (cant wait)... i have been practicing on my friends suzuki gsx 600 series. oh boy. In a parking lot i was da man doin figure 8's and starting/stopping ;)

I put it down tho in a small turn.. im fine was only goin a few mph.. but im SURE it coulda been avoided with proper training. it was alot of bike, thats all i know. After the course i plan on getting a ninja zx6 NOT the r;) well see what happens. it is true tho you WILL put the bike down the first time u ride. At one point or another. The newer bikes are beasts. be careful whatever you get. I might be fine onw but DAMN concrete hurts:p

·
Registered
426 Posts
Trees hurt more ;) :p

Now you know why most of us around here were reluctant to lend our bikes ;) We were in your position once, and remember what we did to our first bikes. :eek:

Mabye you'll have your bike in time to go to the september ephrata ride with the group from this site. (I'll be back in florida, though :( )

·
Registered
45 Posts
:D :p ill have it the last week in august and BY DAMN i cant wait. been itching to get back on. kawi dealer HERE I COME:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts