Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know who on the forum has or is serving in the military. When we train(Army) sometimes we are forced to fight in a urban environment and fighting in a city can get very ugly. Here is a example one time we went into a city with about 6 bulidings with a Cavalry Squadron(about 1000 soldiers) and were defeated before one soldier could enter the city by 20 soldiers with machine guns and some Anti-tank weapons. Iraq is a country of 15 million and the only way to defeat a city is to destroy large amounts of it if not all of it. We are trying to peace keep for the same people we are fighting so we will never level one of their cities. These thugs in the cities are digging in right now and prepearing for a fight. Hopefully we can talk them into giving up. If not hundreds if not thousands of soldiers will be killed trying to take the countries cities. Also the marines a very good fighting force are not trained to peace keep being nice is not their thing and the attitude of the marines will destroy relations with the locals. Not that I have a problem with the Marines I think they are awesome at what they do and are a very proud branch of service but peacekeeping is just not intheir blood neither is occupying a country. This war could be lost it has happened before and it could happen again. A Muslim country will never be so-called pacified or helped out successfully by a Christian country it would show weakness and all muslim countries will make sure that we are not a success in one of their countries. It might not happen but if you are a gambler don't bet against it.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
If we go into the cities a lot of people are going to die. And when they hide inside hospitals and mosques, we can't shoot back. It's going to get ugly.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
We, of course, knew this all along. GW's depth of knowledge in foreign affairs is exceeded only by his knowledge of domestic policy and respect for the Amurican people.:eek: And I mean that sincerely and literally.:(

He's waiting for the right opportunity to unveil his Iraqi tax cut plan.:thumb:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Tippmann said:
If we go into the cities a lot of people are going to die. And when they hide inside hospitals and mosques, we can't shoot back. It's going to get ugly.

No Shit! But what makes you think that we'll take the beatting, the only thing thats limiting us is the R.O.E. , remember its not a full blown war now.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The R.O.E. is their because we are trying to help these people not kill them. And that is an even bigger reason why alot of troops will die.

·
Registered
322 Posts
falconeight said:
The R.O.E. is their because we are trying to help these people not kill them. And that is an even bigger reason why alot of troops will die.

Isnt that what i said, but you can still shoot first!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Tippmann said:
If we go into the cities a lot of people are going to die. And when they hide inside hospitals and mosques, we can't shoot back.
The army may not shoot back but us Marines do. Doesnt matter where the fire comes from, they fire back. Thats why there's an Iraqi mosque with a new air conditioning system.
Is that a good thing? Maybe yes, maybe no. In the short run thats less 'insurgents' to deal with and it makes them think twice about messing with us, at least not without proper planning and coordination (ask the somali's. After the first few fights they avoided messing with the 'black boots'(Marines) at all costs because messing with them tended to be a fatal experience) In the long run it creates popular opinion for the 'insurgents' making their mission easier.
The next 3 months will determine if the US will succeed or fail in its occupation. Just watch the resistance. If they are still very active in 3 months, we're done for over there.
I believe that this is not another Vietnam, the circumstances are far different, instead it is our version of the Gaza strip.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im a 19D Scout but why should my MOS matter. Marines and Army are shooting first which is making the mission harder(the R.O.E. only lets you shoot first when threatened in order to win in a M.O.U.N.T. environment their can't be rules everything must die). It was easy take Saddam out of power he is out of power so thats it. Now we are trying to turn a middle eastern country into a democracy. Never gonna happen. I don't wanna get into a pissing contest with the Marines so I will leave it at this the Marines are good at what they do. We have accomplished one great thing in Iraq. And that is Uniting the Sunni and Shi'a for the first time in decades. We have found that Iraqi soldiers have a RPG that has a new warhead that can penetrate our armor, and that the entire muslim community as well as most of the rest of the free world is waiting to see us fail on this mission. I can say that If I was in Iraq right now I would be destroying everything that threatened me but that would only make my life easier but would not help accomplish the mission that The United States is trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
falconeight said:
Here is a example one time we went into a city with about 6 bulidings with a Cavalry Squadron(about 1000 soldiers) and were defeated before one soldier could enter the city by 20 soldiers with machine guns and some Anti-tank weapons.
i'm sorry but this doesn't say much about your training. what'd you do, walk right down the middle of a highway? did you all try to enter the city by the same road?

if it was a training session, it must have been 20 marines defending the city.

·
Registered
322 Posts
falconeight said:
Im a 19D Scout but why should my MOS matter. Marines and Army are shooting first which is making the mission harder(the R.O.E. only lets you shoot first when threatened in order to win in a M.O.U.N.T. environment their can't be rules everything must die). It was easy take Saddam out of power he is out of power so thats it. Now we are trying to turn a middle eastern country into a democracy. Never gonna happen. I don't wanna get into a pissing contest with the Marines so I will leave it at this the Marines are good at what they do. We have accomplished one great thing in Iraq. And that is Uniting the Sunni and Shi'a for the first time in decades. We have found that Iraqi soldiers have a RPG that has a new warhead that can penetrate our armor, and that the entire muslim community as well as most of the rest of the free world is waiting to see us fail on this mission. I can say that If I was in Iraq right now I would be destroying everything that threatened me but that would only make my life easier but would not help accomplish the mission that The United States is trying to accomplish.

19D that says it all :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Iraq is going to get very Bloody!!

monkey said:
i'm sorry but this doesn't say much about your training. what'd you do, walk right down the middle of a highway? did you all try to enter the city by the same road?

if it was a training session, it must have been 20 marines defending the city.
Look at you trying to start a fight. Good one. Truth is I have also defended a town at JRTC numerous times against everything from Airborne infantry to Special Forces and it always ends up the same way the attacker gets smoked unless the forces that be choose to let the attacker win. Attacking a city is a motherfucker especially one larger than Mayberry. Oh I get it Monkey your talking about video games, and we are talking about real life I got it. We have no health bar on us and their is no do over or restart option. A bullet reall doesn't give a shit who you are what technology your have or if your a Marine or a soldier. And its not Marines against Army its United States against the enemy. Look at what happened in Somalia when the local population turns on you its pretty much hopeless. Unless its a video game and you are highly trained at mouse marksmanship then the enemy is fucked.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Iraq is going to get very Bloody!!

falconeight said:
Look at you trying to start a fight. Good one. Truth is I have also defended a town at JRTC numerous times against everything from Airborne infantry to Special Forces and it always ends up the same way the attacker gets smoked unless the forces that be choose to let the attacker win. Attacking a city is a motherfucker especially one larger than Mayberry. Oh I get it Monkey your talking about video games, and we are talking about real life I got it. We have no health bar on us and their is no do over or restart option. A bullet reall doesn't give a shit who you are what technology your have or if your a Marine or a soldier. And its not Marines against Army its United States against the enemy. Look at what happened in Somalia when the local population turns on you its pretty much hopeless. Unless its a video game and you are highly trained at mouse marksmanship then the enemy is fucked.
i wasn't trying to start a fight, dodobirdsixtynine, nor was i trying to be funny. i know all about "real life". when you signed up, you KNEW that there was a very good chance that you or your friends would be called into action. unless of course you were "decieved" into thinking the MILITARY was all fun and games and you'd get a free education out of it. stop bitching about the job you VOLUNTEERED for.

oh, BTW, your video game refrence really hurt my feelings. i think i'll go cry now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Iraq is going to get very Bloody!!

monkey said:
i wasn't trying to start a fight, dodobirdsixtynine, nor was i trying to be funny. i know all about "real life". when you signed up, you KNEW that there was a very good chance that you or your friends would be called into action. unless of course you were "decieved" into thinking the MILITARY was all fun and games and you'd get a free education out of it. stop bitching about the job you VOLUNTEERED for.

oh, BTW, your video game refrence really hurt my feelings. i think i'll go cry now. :rolleyes:

At a boy Monkey, thats what i was thinking , me being in the army I dont want to think about the grander picture i just want to take care of my troops and do what has to be done.:D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Re: Re: Re: Iraq is going to get very Bloody!!

monkey said:

Whos bitchin I love the Army and I love my country? Im just stating some facts as I see them. I volunteered and im fine with doing my job and im pretty good at it. I will not go on the internet and act like a tuff guy. But I will defend myself from stupid comments that are made by you and anyone else who decides that attacking someones person on the internet is a tuff thing to do. People have and its not just civilians but some in the Military mostly young soldiers and young leaders have this attitude that since they are American that they are better than anyone else but yet when you ask them to perform they can't their out of shape their weapon doesn't work their sister died in Iraq and they don't wanna go back, whatever to many excuses. Be it for whatever reason its still funny to listen to people try to act tuff on the internet. For a country full of Patriots and tuff guys we sure to have a hard time enlisting people. Thank god for immigrants coming to our country and filling the ranks for the Hard core tuff guy Americans that display how Highspeed low drag they are by putting down people that actually are serving their country on the internet, no respect none.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Iraq is going to get very Bloody!!

falconeight said:
Whos bitchin I love the Army and I love my country? Im just stating some facts as I see them. I volunteered and im fine with doing my job and im pretty good at it. I will not go on the internet and act like a tuff guy. But I will defend myself from stupid comments that are made by you and anyone else who decides that attacking someones person on the internet is a tuff thing to do. People have and its not just civilians but some in the Military mostly young soldiers and young leaders have this attitude that since they are American that they are better than anyone else but yet when you ask them to perform they can't their out of shape their weapon doesn't work their sister died in Iraq and they don't wanna go back, whatever to many excuses. Be it for whatever reason its still funny to listen to people try to act tuff on the internet. For a country full of Patriots and tuff guys we sure to have a hard time enlisting people. Thank god for immigrants coming to our country and filling the ranks for the Hard core tuff guy Americans that display how Highspeed low drag they are by putting down people that actually are serving their country on the internet, no respect none.
first of all, i am not acting like a "tough guy" nor do i act like a "tough guy" so where you are interpreting that is beyond me.

secondly, i did not attack YOU as a person, i made a comment regarding YOUR TRAINING so unless you trained yourself then i can't see how you could take that persoanlly. but hey, if you want to take that as a personal attack then go right ahead.

i do not have to tell you about any training or experience that i may have to try to justify any position i take. nor do you have any clue of the extent of my service, training, or experience. so if your going to continue to talk out of your ass, may i suggest you pull your buddy's dick out of it first, then maybe you'll start making sense.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Iraq is going to get very Bloody!!

WORM said:
i just want to take care of my troops and do what has to be done.:D
:thumb:

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Please try and keep the personal attacks/namecalling out of this thread. If the namecallling/personal attacks continue, I'm going to have to close this thread down.

Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Exactly Its useless arguing with you so I will stop responding to your posts on this thread.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
spicerke said:
Please try and keep the personal attacks/namecalling out of this thread. If the namecallling/personal attacks continue, I'm going to have to close this thread down.

Thanks! ;)
sorry Mom. :D
falconeight said:
Exactly Its useless arguing with you so I will stop before you have a heart attack.
who's arguing? :huh: :dunno:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts