Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called my insurance company and they told me if I got a 600cc bike it would cost $248 a year for insurance. When I was out shopping for bikes and the idiot (for other reasons) trying to sell me a bike told me that was impossible and I would be paying like $300 a month. I'm 21, in school so still on my families insurance and since I'm insured on four vehicles I guess it isn't much to add a bike. I realize I should just trust my insurance company but I don't want to buy a bike, find out there was a mistake and I'll be shelling out big bucks for insurance. Anyone know of what insurance rates often are for someone like me (clean record).

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Insurance is a mother. My suggestion is that when you know what model you want, go to the dealer and get the VIN from a bike of that model. Call the insurance company and get a quote based on that VIN.

The reason? My insurer has quoted me a very high price for race rep's, and specifically the R6. A good friend of ours who might be selling hers to us has the exact same insurer and is getting half the rate as what we were quoted. That's because the VIN is incorrectly set in their computing system as a non-sportbike.

When using a VIN, it tells them exactly what bike it is, so you can't get more accurate than that.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts