Sportbike World banner

insurance??

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  SS 
#1 ·
what would the insurance be on a new 600 bike for a first time owner?

------------------

#2 ·
Lie and say you've been riding since you were 8 yrs. old, shouldn't be too bad then. Also, you might check around after the first 6mo. coverage. Last time I got a quote they asked if I had motorcycle insurance during the last 6mo.

Also, take the MSF course ASAP if you haven't already. It's a great course and you get an insurance discount for taking it.
------------------
Clark

[This message has been edited by RUG BURN (edited July 22, 2000).]

#6 ·
You can join the AMA anyway. The dumbasses down here that don't want to wear helmets would appreciate the support. :)

Before anyone asks, no I do not want the AMA spending money to repeal helmet laws. Prevent new legislation yes but not worry about existing ones. :)

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

G
#7 ·
I have lots of friends who are members of the AMA and I think I'll be joining soon. Basically the manufacturers treat Canada and the USA as one huge North American market so if a bill is passed in the US that say, limits HP on all new bikes then you can bet the manufacturers will not be making two different versions (One with limited HP and one without) even if there is no such legislation up here. As for an insurance break, I have no idea.

------------------
Kyle S.
Got Milk?

#11 ·
State Farm insurance premium for my bike.....$320 PER YEAR for FULL coverage. I'm 26 and married. If you also have a car you should get a multi-vehicle discount and you can also ask about "stacking" uninsured motorist...these also help on keeping premiums lower while still having full coverage.

BTW State Farm bases its premiums strictly on the cc's of the bike (regardless of if the bike is a "sport bike" or "cruiser") and they tend to be one of the most economical if not the most economical insurer of bikes. My mother used to work for them so I've gotten all the inside info about them and the industry in general.

------------------
"Enjoy the ride!"

Dan M.

[This message has been edited by dtechZR7 (edited July 25, 2000).]

#13 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gsxr6002b:
anybody know if we have state farm in canada?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's been mentioned before that you do not have State Farm in Canada. Don't hold me to that, but think I've read it somewhere. Too bad, cause they do have some darn good rates. TJ and I have all our insurance with them and have never been disappointed. :)

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.