Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good reasonable insurance company out here. Everywhere I call they want $180 - 270/ mo. , and I only have 1 spd tck, and 1 accident. :( Cali cost me $47/mo this state sucks

·
Registered
182 Posts
WOW. Thanks for posting that link. The site quoted me $600 less than I am paying for full coverage on my bike. I'm gonna call them pronto...

·
Registered
65 Posts
:mad: :finger::mad: :finger: (not at you)

That company blows ass! Apples:apples comparison to my statefarm policy...

300CSL liability
100CSL ui, uui
$250/$250 deduct (I only have comprehensive w/ statefarm at $100 deduct, but i figured two 250s would about the same as that)
1 ticket, because SF doesn't know about the 2nd one yet.

$13,407 annually, wow! only $1,117month! so much better than the $63/month i pay now!

·
Registered
182 Posts
viocurse said:

$13,407 annually, wow! only $1,117month! so much better than the $63/month i pay now!
wow, that must be some kind of software issue. that quote is absurd.
I don't own a cage, so State Farm isn't an option.

·
Registered
14 Posts
insurance

Call this company and talk to Mike. TD Insurance 602-254-3208. I pay $809 a year for my 2000 ZX-9R. Ends up at about $69 a month. Of course that is state minimums and $1000 deductibles on Comp and Collision.

·
Registered
39 Posts
FWIW, Liberty Mutual and possibly State Farm write MC policies on CC, and not type of bike. It must suck for the Goldwing guys, but it's great for sport bike guys.

A recent quote from Liberty on a Gixxer 1000 was less than most other companies SV650 quotes!

I have heard that Liberty doesn't like bikes, and only insures we and my buddy b/c we work there, but a sales person in my office said they'll write anyone, so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Borrow A Bike

Hmmmm...that link above gave a great rate for my Mille R - about 1/2 of everyone else ($833). However, I have a Valkyrie also and it was twice as much. I'll bet its off cc's as well.

Very interesting. I may just convert the Mille when my policy is up (right now I still have Michigan plates & rates :))

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man you guys are lucky. The payment on my bike is only 132 a month but my insurance is 432 dollars! I called 10 different companies and this was the lowest rate that I could get

·
Registered
426 Posts
GrCh35 said:

HA!! HAHA HA HAHAHA HA!!!

What they quoted me: (full coverage, middle values) :twofinger

Your Annual Premium
(2000 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX): $6,415.00

Why does everyone hate kawi's? :barf: Here's the same coverage for a 2000 F4:

Your Annual Premium
(2000 HONDA CBR600F4): $5,773.00

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the f4 have a higher MSRP? :confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Liberty Mutual is the way to go. They want your car too, but thier rate for my car was lower than my old ins. company's rate anyway, same coverage.

In all, I pay $338/yr for full coverage on my bike. 100/300/100, 250/500 deductables. They definately classify bike by cc, not type. I am 22 with no tickets/accidents. My agent is a really good guy too!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am paying 45/mo with state farm but I am considering switching when my car insurance policy is up because I got a multicar quote from country financial for 320/year!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
limegreen6R said:

Why does everyone hate kawi's? :barf:

I think kawi's ROCK!!!! I have a collection... :D
shit i even bleed kawi green!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
state farm

My boyfriend and I go through state farm, but through my agent. I've always had great rates through them. I had a ninja 6e 99' and I was only paying about $40/mnth for full coverage. I just bought a 02' sv650s and the insurance is now $45/mnth for full coverage. My boyfriend has a 97'9r and he's only paying about $65/mnth full coverage as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
insurance

Call Team Az Saferider insurance 480-892-4323 or 602-672-2729
Ask for Paul. Independent agents will give you honest accurate and quotes form a variety of A+ rated companies.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts