Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much would i be looking to pay on insurance...
im 18 and a begginer
i havent even decided what bike i want to buy yet...
so any advice on the bike to buy/prices and miles..
and mainly Insurance on those bikes

thanks...

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
ac1d_tr1p said:
how much would i be looking to pay on insurance...
im 18 and a begginer
i havent even decided what bike i want to buy yet...
so any advice on the bike to buy/prices and miles..
and mainly Insurance on those bikes

thanks...
That's gonna be a tough question to answer..mainly because a lot of insurance cos. take the size, and type of bike into consideration..also your age, and record..It also depends on the insurance co...they range from outragous, to fair..I know of riders that are older than you by a few yrs. that have good driving records, and rates for them can run 2k a yr. Some cos. want more than the bikes is worth..:rolleyes: So you can see, why I say this is tough to call..:D

As for what bike to get,,how much do ya wanna spend..? One thing is for sure, ya don't need a super fast bike to start..a 250, or 500 would be ideal..why, beacuse they are forgiving, and easier to handle than a 110 hp sportbike..they will alos allow YOU to leearn to ride better, faster..look at the ninja 250, GS500...even the SV650 would be a good bike for ya..I'm sure others will have suggestion too, but this should get ya pointed in the right direction..K ?:D Oh..and Welcome to the ADDICTION..:D

·
Registered
848 Posts
This is strictly speaking from my own research:

I'm 19, female, basic rider safety course and clean driving history discounts... 1987 Kaw Ninja 500ex with just liability coverage: $263/year at Progressive.com

Other great places to check out insurance prices are:
DairyLand Insurance
Guide One

Good luck on finding a bike! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts