Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this insurance company, if so has anyone had any problems with claims or anything of this nature? Their premiums are very very very low and it just seems to good to be true.

Motorcycle Services

·
Registered
426 Posts
hrm... they quoted me $4663 a year for their minimum coverage. Let's see.... Ummmmmmmm. NO!! :finger:

I pay $703 a year right now liability only and damn pissed about it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
DAMNNNNNN

You ain't lying Moe. They are very very very low like you said. I got qouted $1,047.00 for the whole year, where my Allstate bill is $1205.00 for 6 months. If anyone has this, let us know, my inc. ain't dew till 5/25.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did some homework.

Here's what I've come up with so far about this insurance. There underwriter is Kemper Insurance which is a class A insurance company. It's a insurance broker out of New York that is selling this insurance and his company is call Mandel's Insurance. I'm still working on getting more info, but this should helps us some.

·
Registered
86 Posts
very low price

2002 Kawa ZX6R, full coverage; quoted: $1,071/year.

That's the lowest price I've been quoted yet!

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
183 Posts
RedlineSI said:
That place SUCKS. They wanted 3200 bucks a year. Shit progressive wanted 1000 for full.

I got quoted by progressive $3200 for one year. Now, if you all didn't know this the premiums in Arizona are one of the higher ones in the nation. We can't compare apples to oranges. I see a few post that have said how much thier insurance is and all of them are lower than what I'm paying. But if you look at what there insuring compared to what I'm insuring you'll see what I mean. There is a big difference between a 600 and a 1000. There is also a big difference between a 1991 or so bike to a 2001. What I'm trying to say is, the only way we can compare insurance or at least for me would be to find someone else with a 2001, 1000cc bike with 1 speeding ticket and 30 years old. Maybe then I can see if I'm being taken.

·
Registered
1 Posts
interesting

Greeting all! First post, though I have been trolling about for a few months now.

Insurance has always been a point of contention. I am 35 w/no accidents or tickets so I should be able to get a good rate, right...
On last weeks local news there were several stories about our high insurance rates here in Colorado , though I find our rates much cheaper on the east coast!

I checked the site out and found no difference between a 600 and 1000 02 GSXR $1515/YR
Liability 100,000.00
UMUIM 100,000.00
UMPD 0.00
Comprehensive 500.00
Collision 1,000.00
MedicalPayment 0.00

I guess that isn't so bad for a $9,000 sportbike right? It is more than I pay for my car... But then again the car is worth a little less than 9000... but it could do a whole lot more damage.

Anyway, interesting subject and an interesting board!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'VE JUST GOTTEN MY FIRST BIKE IT'S A 2002 YZF600R, I CALLED A TON OF PLACES ALL RANGING FROM 4500 A YEAR TO 1200, THE LAST PLACE I TRIED WAS STATE FARM AND THEY HAVE BY FAR THE LOWEST PRICE, AT 33 DOLLARS AND CHANGE A MONTH,FOR FULL COVERAGE, BUT THE KEY TO THAT PRICE IS THAT YOU NEED TO GET MULTICAR DISCOUNT , THAT HELPS A TON IF YOUR CO. IS WILLING AND ABLE TO DO THAT.I CALLED AAA AND THEY WOULD'NT TOUCH ME BECAUSE I HAVEN'T HAD MY MOTORCYCLE LICENSE FOR TWO YEARS.THERE'S MY INPUT ,THANKS FOR LISTENING.:D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Check out State Farm's prices. They have some outstanding rates on bikes, no "sportbike penalties". The only thing about the bike that matters are the cc's. I live in New Mexico,30 years old, no tickets, 2002 ZX9R, and pay $303 a year for full coverage. The 1000cc bikes were going to run like $313. Only bad thing is I had to move my car insurance to them as well and it went up about 100 bucks a year over Allstate. But the price on bike insurance was so much cheaper than anyone else that it made it worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts