Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, well I will be coming into some money some time in the near future, Diffently be more then enough to get just about any bike I want. Unfourtanly the money is comeing from a relatitive that has recently passed way. I going to set aside 4K for a bike, hopefully I will be able to get a good bike for under that, and the rest will be for gear. The MSF will be seperate. Anyway For the hell of it I as I was browsing cycle trader.com they offered free qutes for insurance. I'm 25, no tickets, 2 no fault accidents, progressive quoted me like this
Your 12 Month Progressive rate:

Paid in full: $181.00

Is that per year or per month? Its not quite clear. The bike I put in for a quote was a 00 r6 just for shits and giggles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thats a good deal

statefarm is cheeper from what i hear but i have progressive and its 40 some bucks a month for the cheapest coverge possible

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have heard many....more than many people say they were getting a great rate from Progressive, only to turn around and get the first bill and it be 1-2k more than what they were told online or over the phone. State Farm is the way to go, they ,may require insuring your car too....I pay 190yr for full coverage...well worth paying an extra $5.00 a month for a car and about 800 less a yr for a bike...I use to pay right around 1k with All State.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys been a while since I check on this. But my truck is though state farme. This was just an online thing I tired for shits and giggles. But I will difently check with state farm when the time comes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with the endorsement of State Farm. I recently had a claim on my bike, and they handled it well. You do at least have to insure your vehicle with them as well. They actually had the sack to tell me they insure motorcycles as a "courtesy" for their existing customers, as they would rather not take them on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts