Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard many things about insurance on bikes. I don't know specific laws and I know it's different between states, but what is the law?

I live in WA and I've talked to a few riders who don't carry insurance on any of there bikes. Is this normal and/or legal? Anything will help. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Many motorcycle dealers have someone there who deals with insurance. Go to one and see if they can tell you what the local laws are.

I can tell you that many insurance places give you dicounts for things like having an alarm on your bike, taking a riding course and joining a national riding club. Be sure to ask about any other discounts available.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Paragraph 4 http://www.dol.wa.gov/ds/insurance.htm#Operators

Operators of vehicles registered as antique vehicles, collector vehicles older than 30 years, state or publicly owned vehicles, motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, mopeds, or vehicles registered with the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission as common or contract carriers are exempt from mandatory insurance requirements.

If it was me I would get insurance anyway even if you dont have to have it. Im with state farm and it is like $260 per year for full coverage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts