Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my insurance is jacking me, hard. after being with them (State Farm) for 5 years they have sent me a notice that my rate is going up 230%. Reason: 2 tickets that i had one 2 years ago and the other almost 4 years ago. makes no sense becasue they have raised my rates over the last 5 years and that is what I thought it was for but i guess those blood sucking leeches need more now. So who is good and who insures bikes as well.
need contact names and numbers if you got em.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've used Progressive since '92. I've only had one claim (this April), and they were very easy to deal with.

I've never truly shopped around, but I think I'm getting a fair deal. "Full coverage" on my 919 and liability on a '73 CB350. I think I'm paying around $350 for the year!

Kevin

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I received different rates from different state farm offices. You might explain your situation to Mike at 586-566-9292. He got me to come back to State Farm.

If not, Donna Gambaro from Birmingham INsurance AGency will give ya decent price for PLPD...although I'm not sure for full coverage. Her number is 800-357-WOLF. Be sure to tell her David from Dale Carnegie sent ya ;)

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MrOrangePants said:
I received different rates from different state farm offices. You might explain your situation to Mike at 586-566-9292. He got me to come back to State Farm.

If not, Donna Gambaro from Birmingham INsurance AGency will give ya decent price for PLPD...although I'm not sure for full coverage. Her number is 800-357-WOLF. Be sure to tell her David from Dale Carnegie sent ya ;)
State farm is state farm. The love letter i received was from the corporate office. I will give that donna girl a call. Right now the bikes are good till the policy runs out next year april. Just need to get the car insured.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
a lady from State Farm up here warned me they were going to do that to all their cycle policies.. that it was just a scam to get more policies by pullin them in on group rates with cycle coverages dirt cheap then up their rates over a period of time...

I went with Progressive and loved their service .. they cut me a check in no time after the deer accident and worked with me on making sure all my medical was covered :thumb: and it's an awesome rate I get for a year $ 200.00

E.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had Farmers for the bike then they jacked me cause I didn't have my car with them so I put both on with State Farm and have had no complaints since. I had 2 pts. and my yearly on the R1 was $498.00 now with us moving north of 23 Mile and the pts coming off I pay $372.00 for the year. I use the State Farm agent on 15 Mile and Groesbeck (Wendy Sliger) :2cents:

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my prob was not the bikes, they raised the car out the roof.
I called an underwriter yesterday and they are shopping it around. They are going to check progressive as well.
Prob with state farm is that once i move the car off thye will not renew the bike policies next year.

·
Registered
385 Posts
bmacd said:
Last year when i had 11 points on my license, Progressive is the only company that would touch me :) Right now, i have 4, and next February when i get my license back, hopefully i'll be back to zero.

-=bmacd=-
How the hell do you have ins with no licence?

·
Registered
246 Posts
well i went with progressive, state farm wouldnt give me insurance unless i switch my car to them from AAA, at which they would charge me double from what i'm paying right now (900 for plpd + comp on an audi a4).

I got a good deal from concept insurance (progressive) ~370 a year for plpd and comp with 500 dollar deductible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts