Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today was the first time i was on the freeway doing about 70-90 .
speed limit was 70mph. have been rideing for about an hour.
doing above 70mph with the wind comeing at me at the same time the wind was pushing me from left to right.. it was a great feeling doing high speed . i was a little scare, but i was doing gooding with the traffic too. i shouldn't be on the freeway with a permit, but oh will.
new rider , love it every time with i'm on my 2002 gsxr600. just had the bike since 4/10/02, brand new , paid in full. about $8,900 w/tax and all the paper work. insurance cost me about $97monthly w/one accident. age 31.
have a happy ride, chat with u guys later.. ;)

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
gixr6 said:
today was the first time i was on the freeway doing about 70-90 .
SHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hit 70 in my driveway and it's 6 feet long.;) ;) ;)

J/K of course, I almost envy your nieve joy at the "first's" in motorcycling. I remember the first time I 'got on it' and nearly passed out from the rush!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the club and don't rush the learning curve, we'd like to keep you in one piece for awhile!!!!!

Pretty focking coool ain't it????????????????:cool:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I wish I shared your enthusiasm when I first got on the freeway. I had been riding for about a month, and I ACCIDENTALLY got into the merge lane onto the freeway. I was doing about 30 mph. I saw all of the cars, trucks, vans, 18 wheelers, and froze up:eek: Talk about scared. I didn't know whether to "shit or go blind":D
Well, as soon as I approached the next exit (about 1/4 of a mile down the freeway) I got off. I pulled into a gas station and parked for about 15 minutes. I was just so happy to be alive!!!!!:twofinger
After about another 2 weeks of riding, I PURPOSELY got on the freeway and loved it. Although, I don't like it as much as the twisty country roads. I wish Missouri had lanes designated just for motorcycles. It is hard to tell what some of these crazy, drunk, cell phone talking, McDonalds eating, hair combing, ritalin taking cage drivers are up to:finger: They are the ones who scare the shit out of me. But, when the freeways are clear of traffic (about midnight), I love to ride on them.

Take care, and ride safe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts