Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a friend of mine had died and his wife was selling his bike Id probaly have the decency to create two threads so that his wife could see a nice thread where his friends could comment on how much he would be missed and one where we could argue about the bikes value.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Shouldn't the moderator be moderate:D

10 minutes in chapati land and all sense of moderation is right out the window

Know what you mean thou:thumbs2:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well yes

I had already decided on my response to Tug's disgraceful posting before Phil's reply, which I am glad to see makes basically the same points.

As a point of etiquette Tug's point is fair enough. But it pales into insignificance beside Tug using Thierry's tragic, fatal accident as an opportunity to a crude and blasphemous personal assault.

And it isn't excused by the 'decent lapse of time' or 'starting a new thread'.

I don't care what you think or reply, Tug, I'm out of this forum. But I'd like to think you'll publish an apology to all readers and then delete the entire thread after say a week. Bye all.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
bit radical there 1-4 innit? I'm kinda in the middle on the issue but it's a forum and as such a place to say whatever you feel on any subject let alone other posts.
Anyway your call !!!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
As the insensitive one in amongst all of this, my thought process (or perhaps lack of it) was that the post was more about the bike offered for sale. I didn;t know Thierry, he didn't post ever(?) on the forum, I never met him and he wasn't active at all within SBR.

I can see that I completely overlooked the obvious fact that he was killed for which I apologise for any insensitivity to his wife & family & friends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts