Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLXAVylM9Vk

yeah the oncoming rider was probably just enjoying the road like every other biker on it and then he gets killed because a very horrible biker is dumb+no skills. =(

couple lessons ive seen here is its hard to dodge something u are looking at. and if youre going to pass a car dont do it during a turn especially if u suck at riding. and expect the unexpected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It may have been a stupid move on the riders part. But its never a good day when one of us dies. Most people who ride can say that they have also done things that had one thing they hadnt counted on happened they would have crashed. Passing in on-coming or top out runs.

·
Registered
447 Posts
the rider that caused the crash was riding beyond his ability, probly trying to catch his friend who passed him. The vidio looks like it is in europe and not in the usa, but still someone is dead and that is never good.

·
Registered
338 Posts
sscottab said:
the rider that caused the crash was riding beyond his ability, probly trying to catch his friend who passed him. The vidio looks like it is in europe and not in the usa, but still someone is dead and that is never good.
I wouldn't call that riding beyond ability, more like riding like an dumbass. Crossing into the on-coming lane in a curve to make the turn and pass a car has nothing to do with ability and everything to do with being stupid. His skill at that was very good as captured by the video. It's just sad that he couldn't have just killed himself, he killed someone else--a motorcyclist at that.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Too bad he was trying to chase that other bike.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Wow... Watching that impact brings back a feeling of sickness I've been trying to suppress for a couple weeks.

Just another instance where the bike was capable, but the rider wasn't. Except in this case, he took someone else out. It's a shame.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What fascinates me is that the rider in the oncoming lane (who didn't do anything stupid or illegal) did little if not nothing to avoid the collision even though he had more than a second to react....

Not to put the blame on him, just curious why....

If I'd see anything like this I would NEVER assume that the other person is going to handle it... Like the old good saying: "Want anything done - do it yourself!!!!"... I would definitely slow down and move to the right......

Just my 2c.

·
Registered
8 Posts
People panick and completely freeze up.

igorek82 said:
What fascinates me is that the rider in the oncoming lane (who didn't do anything stupid or illegal) did little if not nothing to avoid the collision even though he had more than a second to react....

Not to put the blame on him, just curious why....

If I'd see anything like this I would NEVER assume that the other person is going to handle it... Like the old good saying: "Want anything done - do it yourself!!!!"... I would definitely slow down and move to the right......

Just my 2c.

·
Registered
892 Posts
they removed the video :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was upset too =( It's a good lesson for all plus I was going to show it to a friend of mine (so she'll worry even more when I'm riding)....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts