Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that guy was a total prick for not at least asking if you needed a hand.
You shoulda yelled out "No Thanks I got it"

I was at a gas station once in my car and a guy on a Gold Wing with his wife was filling up. He dismounted and the bike fell over with his wife still on and her leg was trapped under the couch. There was 4 or 5 other people filling up and I was the only one to help him pick it up. Everybody else just stood there like deer caught in the headlights. Hellooo??? little help here... Morons

------------------
Dave fzR1

"When I grow up... I wanna be a SQUIIIID!"

·
Registered
987 Posts
I was once riding from Columbus, Ga to Atlanta on the trusty KZ650. I was in the very middle of a twenty-mile stretch with no gas stations or exits when my rear tire blew out. This was 84 - no cell phone. Do you know that a believer stopped, said he was on his way to Kentucky when he saw my tire blow out, and proceeded to load the bike into the back of his 70's era Toyota station wagon? He drove me all the way to my door in Atlanta, and wouldn't take a penny of my last 7 dollars, which I offered him for his trouble.
I knew he was a believer, not because he tried to save my soul all the way to Atlanta, but because of what he did, and the bible I saw on his front seat.
There are 2 kinds of believers - mouth believers and action believers.

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leon90zx11:
I was once riding from Columbus, Ga to Atlanta on the trusty KZ650. I was in the very middle of a twenty-mile stretch with no gas stations or exits when my rear tire blew out. This was 84 - no cell phone. Do you know that a believer stopped, said he was on his way to Kentucky when he saw my tire blow out, and proceeded to load the bike into the back of his 70's era Toyota station wagon? He drove me all the way to my door in Atlanta, and wouldn't take a penny of my last 7 dollars, which I offered him for his trouble.
I knew he was a believer, not because he tried to save my soul all the way to Atlanta, but because of what he did, and the bible I saw on his front seat.
There are 2 kinds of believers - mouth believers and action believers.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that this story would make a fine country song. :D

Sorry Leon, it is a good story, and that last statement is very true.

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Then there are mouth/action people like John; I think they're the best. :D

Why do you have to be a believer to do a good deed? Someone once told me that God blesses those that help others. So is that why they're being nice, just to get in good with their God? I'm not nice and helpful all the time (like you didn't already know :rolleyes: ) but when I am, it's free.

I wonder if it's possible to have a discussion about this without it turning into a big religous flames from hell war?

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Ok, picture this:
You roll in to a parking spot in front of a sandwich shop. You put your kickstand down (at least you think you do). You kick when leg up and over and then it happens. You feel you baby start to go. I managed to try and catch, my tank caught on my leg when I tried to catch. It stayed on my leg and I had to let it down as easy as possible. Just then a Ford Expidition (Titanic is what I prefer to call it), pulls in next to me. The guy gets out, looks at me trying to pick up my bike, and walks away. No "Need some help" nothing. When I left I noticed a bumber sticker that says "Jesus Save" Funny, I though you were supposed to help your fellow man? If I had seen that when he pulled in I would have told him "Jesus may love you, everyone else thinks you are :D :D :D hole!" Would that have been wrong of me?

------------------
It's only illegal if you get caught.

S

·
0 Posts
Maybe he just thought you were being friendly to your bike?? Or maybe you were just pissed that you dropped your bike ?? :D

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Why do people feel the need to plaster their bumpers with there religous beliefs. Whether it be the Darwin fish or the fish eating the Darwin fish or whatever else. Who gives a rats ass what you believe, except you. Keep it too yourself, that's what I say. Same goes for pro/anti abortion stickers.
BTW, that SUV guy was a prick too. I feel better now. :D

------------------

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Folks, I'm a believer but not a fanatic. I am leery of organized churches due to the hypocrisy involved in most. :(

For those that don't believe in the "imaginary place called Hell", you better hope you're right. :eek:

I'm going to take my chances and assume that billions of people throughout history, weren't wrong. ;)

How did this become a religious study? :confused: Did the media get hold of the story. They seem to turn everything into something it isn't. :p

BTW, the guy in the SUV was being an asshole and I like the story Leon. :cool:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
John, where those the same people that believed the world was flat?

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
I think RCjohn doesn't want to take a chance. Hell is HOT , RCjohn is FAT. HOT and FAT don't mix!!!! :D

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
What gets me is that people hold a stereo type about us. They think they we are hell raisers or something.

It is almost like, "That squid on the Ninja 250 dusted, I hate all riders now!!". I mean geez people, we have alot less wait to deal with some of has have better horse power, is this any reason to not share the road with us? We are out to have a good time, just like you are.. of course at a faster pace.

There is a local club that I hang out with in Fresno. They go on rides on weekends, hang out on Saturday nights at a fast food restaraunt parking lot. They don't do burnouts in the parking lot or wheelies or anything. Even the cops don't mess with us because we are organized and everything. The only hell raising we do is out in the country away from everyone and eveything.

------------------
It's only illegal if you get caught.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I wouldn't sweat it Jester. If the A-hole would have attempted to help he probably would have dropped his cell phone on your tank, then would probably find a way to get dirty while helping you, then he would have proceeded to sue you for damage to his cell phone and his clothes.

He should learn that if you help people that one day when you need help it will be there. Except for me! I tried to see if a cop needed some help and he wrote me a ticket. What a f*cker! Oh well.

------------------
You get the best thrills on two wheels!

Damn rice burners!

·
Registered
987 Posts
No, Rugburn, I don't think that you have to be a believer to do good deeds, but I have noticed that a large percentage of people who have mastered the difficult art of caring about other people learned how to do so through religious instruction. I'm far too busy trying to master my own life to tell anyone else how to master theirs.

------------------

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jester:
What gets me is that people hold a stereo type about us. They think they we are hell raisers or something.

It is almost like, "That squid on the Ninja 250 dusted, I hate all riders now!!". I mean geez people, we have alot less wait to deal with some of has have better horse power, is this any reason to not share the road with us? We are out to have a good time, just like you are.. of course at a faster pace.

There is a local club that I hang out with in Fresno. They go on rides on weekends, hang out on Saturday nights at a fast food restaraunt parking lot. They don't do burnouts in the parking lot or wheelies or anything. Even the cops don't mess with us because we are organized and everything. The only hell raising we do is out in the country away from everyone and eveything.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Jester ,
Where do you guys ride there in Fresburg? I grew up there, lived there for the first 25 years of my life. Then I saw the light and got the hell out. j/k :) It was a pretty rough place to live about 5 or 6 years ago with all the gang violence goin on. But thats where I consider home. Is Blackstone still the place to be on Fri./Sat. night?
I grew up on the west end of town around Ashlan and 99. near Highway City. I still have alot of friends there. Oh the good ol days.

sorry to get off topic, just havin a flashback.

------------------
Dave fzR1

"When I grow up... I wanna be a SQUIIIID!"

[This message has been edited by Ratsalad (edited September 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hey Jester:

Bumper stickers mean nothing...remember:actions speak louder than words!!! :D

Jim

------------------

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jester:
..."That squid on the Ninja 250 dusted, I hate all riders now!!". I mean geez people, we have alot less wait to deal with some of has have better horse power, is this any reason to not share the road with us? ...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT??? :confused:

Could you repeat that 10 more times, please?

------------------
-Paul
If God dropped acid, would he see people?

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Ok, you asked for it.
..."That squid on the Ninja 250 dusted, I hate all riders now!!". I mean geez people, we have alot less wait to deal with some of has have better horse power, is this any reason to not share the road with us? ...

Told you that you asked fot it!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dave,
Blackstone is still the place to hang out. The gangs really have not been that bad. They have dracked down in the last few years on them. Being from LA originally, these gangs are nothing compared to LA, trust me.

[This message has been edited by Jester (edited September 28, 2000).]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts