Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 zx7r.... the motor is blown ... ( i know i know, what a surprise ) - i cant tell you how many ppl told me how "intelligent" (def. sarcasm there) i was for buyin a kawi in the first place. but i learned on it & i think it was a great bike to me for years.

since the motor is blown & the mech can't seem to find another one, he says it isnt cost effective to fix, i figure it's just time to buy another bike. I've wanted to for a while now, so this is my excuse. not a bad one . :D

I've been lookin at late model gsxr 750s. i feel comfortable sittin on the bike. anyone go from a kawi to a suzuki.. is this a good bike to jump too ... ??? i'm your typicall sports bike rider. not too crazy ... dont always drive fast. but i def want it there when i do go fast or want to wheelie a little ...

what does everyone think of this bike, good bike or is there something else i should look at ??

·
Registered
88 Posts
I went from a '96 ZX-7R to a 929 and love it (the Honda). The ZX-7 was such a pig. They have a large cult following though, and I'm sure someone will post on here professing their undying love for the creature.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lmao ... i hear on that one. it seems as if everyone that dislikes the kawi HATES THE KAWI, & everyone that loves the kawi refuses to believe that there is such thing as other bike manufacturers .....

i like the styles of the 954, what do you think of that bike, i've never ridin one. though i know hondas are very reliable, which is a plus in my book.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw, what part of orlando are you in ?? I'm right over in melbourne. I called a couple dealers in orlando today bout buyin a gsxr ... ?? can you recommend anyone ??

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
if you like the suzuki, then get it. They are definately nice bikes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I hear that St. Augustine is pretty good on pricing with Suzuki's. I have a friend going over there to look at GSX-R 600's later this week. I'm in East Orlando, I hear good things about the two "Cycle Riders" dealerships in the Orlando area. I love my 929, Daytona Fun Machines had a '03 954 for 2G off MSRP hold over but they sold it. My only gripe about Gixxers and R6's in Central Florida is that everyone has them - of course maybe there's a reason....

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Something many do not know is that the Honda 954 & 929 have proven to be comfortable bikes for long runs FOR one is not pitched to the extreme as on many of the other bikes. I often clock from 5 to 6 hrs in a day's run & often do it 2 or 3 times a yr though have to admit that my Yamaha YZF600r gets to be mixed in with said times as BOTH have comfortable riding positions YET I must admit I like the hard saddle of the 929 compared to the softer one of the 600r ------ obviously something of how the rear-sets & clip-ons are set.

If my 929 was gone I would quickly go for a 954 rather then the 1000 as latter has eliminated any of its comfortable hwy riding points.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
GSXR

Hey guys, lay off of the Kawasaki digs! I'm one of those diehard Kawi fans!

Seriously, any late-model GSXR 750 would be a big improvement over the old ZX-7. Subtantially more power and a LOT lighter. I imagine the difference would be huge. There are a lot of used ones out on the market, so finding one should be easy, although they tend to get beat on pretty bad by the squidly crowd. Just hold out for a cherry example owned by a more, ahem, "mature" rider.

Since you've already had a 750, why not consider stepping up to a literbike? How about a GSXR-1000?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly, i thought about the liter, but I think i would be happy with the power that the 750 will offer. I mean, I'm never going to be a versed enough rider to where i would USE the difference between the liter & 750. But the liter will prob hold its value a little better.

BUT .
i still miss my kawi .. :crying:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
New ZX-7R

Here's another thought. I've noticed that Kawasaki dealers are practically giving away new, leftover 2003 ZX-7's. First of all, they need to get rid of the prior year inventory. Secondly, the ZX-7's are really being discounted because they've been a pretty slow seller for the last few years and Kawasaki discontinued the model as of 2004.

There's a dealer here selling them for $7300, out the door. I've seen several places selling them for about $7500. Granted, it's not a state-of-the-art, cutting edge model anymore, but for $500-$1000 less than a new 600, not too bad a deal.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats a pretty good point, i might go look into that ...
good call zxrider !!

i wouldn't mind stayin in the fam, instead of jumpin ship to suzuki !! :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you're wanting to stay with Kawasaki, Daytona Fun Machines on US-1 in Daytona has a ZX-9 2003 on closeout for like a grand off. Since you're just in Melbourne I thought you might like to know. The 9 is a lot less dated looking and is pretty comfortable too. A friend of mine has a gold '02 with 28,000 miles - no problems and has beat that bike like it owes him money.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[QUOTE- no problems and has beat that bike like it owes him money. [/B][/QUOTE]

nice analogy .. lol

Well, I have Found a Bike !!! I got a phone call last night from some guy Mark. Apparently, Mark has a friend at another dealership that called him & told him I was looking for a certain bike. It's a red/black/silver 2001 gsxr 750. It has a powercommander IIIr i believe & a full akrapovic exhaust. It's in PERFECT condition (so he says) He's askin 7grand. The guy sellin the bike works at a suz. dealership in Tittusville. Said it's had all it scheduled maintenance/ oil changes & what not .. ??

7 grand sound high ???

I go to check the bike out friday night...

I'M TOO ANXIOUS !! can't wait to ride again, just don't wanna get hosed by some dude for an extra 500 bucks when i could get him done maybe..:twofinger

1 - 13 of 13 Posts