Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after living in a state I absolutely hate for the past 5 years, an opportunity has come up and I am moving! On November 1 I will be moving to Fort Myers FL with my best friend and his current roommate. I'm psyched. I hope the riding doesn't suck down there.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everyone is telling me I will absolutely love it down there. Most of whose opinions I trust. I think it will be really fun. I am buying a new DSLR before I leave, so that will keep me plenty busy on my free time from work. And free time I will have, since I am transferring down with my current company. I only work about 4 hours a day. :laughing:

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Just be sure to check out the theft scene. I have yet to see anyone suggest Florida has a normal theft level for bikes; most suggest its insanely common :( In that case, start your security planning!

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Just be sure to check out the theft scene. I have yet to see anyone suggest Florida has a normal theft level for bikes; most suggest its insanely common :( In that case, start your security planning!

I recall ZX posting this picture before:

I don't think he needs to worry about security. :)

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Weapons aren't of any use if you never knew when it got lifted ;)

Here's a trick that I've seen suggested, presuming you have a garage. Get an inexpensive baby monitor with enough receivers to cover your house/whatever and set the sending unit in the garage for overnight. They are cheap and quite sensitive. Heck, they even sell monitors with video and combined with a motion sensing garage light you'd know if someone was lifting it from there.

Then all you'd have to worry about is leaving it while going into a store or whatever.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weapons aren't of any use if you never knew when it got lifted ;)

Here's a trick that I've seen suggested, presuming you have a garage. Get an inexpensive baby monitor with enough receivers to cover your house/whatever and set the sending unit in the garage for overnight. They are cheap and quite sensitive. Heck, they even sell monitors with video and combined with a motion sensing garage light you'd know if someone was lifting it from there.

Then all you'd have to worry about is leaving it while going into a store or whatever.

I have an alarm with a built in pager and I work nights so my car won't even be there at night. To be honest, I don't really care if they stole it. Theft ins is for a higher value than the car is worth anyway.

I'm not worried about it. ;)

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Oh, I saw the title of this thread and thought you finally came out of the closet...but that works too.

Guess I owe you $20 Scott :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts