Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Scott from the island of Saint Simons off of Georgia. I may be getting a bike this week in the form of a 1998 Yamaha YZF-600R. I'm getting it for $2500. The guy I'm buying from's brother is a master mechanic and has done all maintainence on the bike. It has about 11K mi. on it. Sorry I don't have any pictures though. I got to look at it this week to decide if I really want it. I do, however, have pics of my other vehicle. This is my DD. My 1989 Nissan 240sx with blacktop SR swap and lots of other goodies:

Anyway, I have been looking into insurance this week and have found a quote with Progressive for about $443/yr. Is that a good price? I'm 20 with no recent tickets or anything. Anyway, that's a little about me. Let me know what you guys think!:ban::topic: :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
The price on the bike sounds good if it's clean and has no body damage. I bought a 96 YZF 750 3 years ago for $3500 in good condition and have had a great time with it on the track. For that price, I wouldnt get full coverage insurance. My yearly insurance for liability only, is $75.00. If your going to take it to the track, do yourself a BIG favor and buy after market race skins for it. Youll save a bundle in cost if it goes down. Air Tech is the only company making race skins for my bike, but look around. good luck and good ridin:thumbs2:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts