Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike yesterday:) I got a sweet deal on a 2001 Yamaha R6:) I got it from a friend of a friend for $5000. This guy gave me everything he owned,... I got his bike which has a full race Aproprovis exhaust system, it's jetted, it has a K&N filter, frame sliders, Scotts steering dampner, flush mount lights, fender eliminator, tinted windshield,... I think thats it with the bike. The bike is in mint condition, It has 11,000 miles and runs like a champ. Never dropped it. I also got both of his bikes stands, his Arai RR helmet, this other full face helmet, 2 half helmets, his leather 2 piece racing suit, boots, gloves, another pair of gloves, tools, cleaners, a kevlar jacket,... I think thats it? Not for for $5000 ehh? I have pics,... you have to visit the link. They don't allow direct linking:( My R6. Thats me in the pic:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ebbs15 said:
sweet looking bike bro!... welcome to SBW by the way :cheers:

ps... nice looking pc case... looks bad A$$:thumb:
Thanks! I made the top enclosure from scratch. It's holds two double size heatercores and four 120mm fans. I'm big on pc fabrication:) The bike is in mint condition and I still can't believe he let go of all his stuff for that little. I will never understand rich people:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know,... one thing I have a question about is the pants. I fit everything he had seeing we were just about the same size. The pants though,... they are awkard as hell. I dont know if they fit right or what. When I have them on the slider pucks are suppose to be below the knee and slightly off to the side right? I thought that they were suppose to go over the knee or something like that.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question,... where can I get a workshop manual for this 2001 R6? Is there any kind of program that I could use to look up parts, see exploded views of the bike? Porche has a program called PET that does this. I would if yamaha had one too.

·
Registered
645 Posts
tribaloverkill said:
You know,... one thing I have a question about is the pants. I fit everything he had seeing we were just about the same size. The pants though,... they are awkard as hell. I dont know if they fit right or what. When I have them on the slider pucks are suppose to be below the knee and slightly off to the side right? I thought that they were suppose to go over the knee or something like that.
yes the pucks should be BELOW and on the OUTSIDE of the knee... when your in the riding position and you kick your knee out... the puck should be where the ground would touch.... personally I haven't worn them but from what I hear they take some getting used to... mainly because they're ment to be comfortable while on the bike... and so that causes a bit of discomfort when your off... but I've also been told that you'll get used to it... :cheers:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tribaloverkill said:
Another question,... where can I get a workshop manual for this 2001 R6? Is there any kind of program that I could use to look up parts, see exploded views of the bike? Porche has a program called PET that does this. I would if yamaha had one too.
Oh ok,... thanks. Do you wear something under them? Like another pair of pants or what? I thought you do but I dont think I could get another pair of pants in there. Maybe some hospital scrub bottoms.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tribaloverkill said:
Oh ok,... thanks. Do you wear something under them? Like another pair of pants or what? I thought you do but I dont think I could get another pair of pants in there. Maybe some hospital scrub bottoms.
Oh ok. Weel the pants are snug at the bottom. Around the knees they are a bit loose, not to loose. I guess that ok. I dont know. I have to or can pulll them all the way up on me. I'll have to take a pic of me wearing them. Something tells me they are slightly big but its weird,... another part of me says no. I'll gte a pic. I found one thing wrong with the bike today. There one little dent on the tank where his crotch would be. I might be able to pull it out but not sure. No biggie though.

·
Registered
645 Posts
tribaloverkill said:
yeah check here hope this helps :cheers:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ebbs15 said:
lol... no wasn't me... it a chain lube accident... I was just posting the pics up to warn someone... I forgot they were still in my photos... lol... I gotta get rid of them... ;)
Oh,... so how did this or could this happen when lubing the chain? He got his fingers caught in the sprocket didnt he? I took more pics on my bike,... I have to upload them into my little gallery:) This friday I am going to get it registered and I'll call up riderinsurance and let them know. Cant wait!

·
Registered
645 Posts
tribaloverkill said:
Oh,... so how did this or could this happen when lubing the chain? He got his fingers caught in the sprocket didnt he?
honestly I don't remember now... it's been awhile... but I think the guy was try'n to lube it while the bike was running and in gear on a stand... and yeah I imagine the sprocket ate the tips of his fingers... :eek: so uh yeah... don't lube your chain with the bike in gear and running :rolleyes:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ebbs15 said:
honestly I don't remember now... it's been awhile... but I think the guy was try'n to lube it while the bike was running and in gear on a stand... and yeah I imagine the sprocket ate the tips of his fingers... :eek: so uh yeah... don't lube your chain with the bike in gear and running :rolleyes:
You know,... sometimes I wonder what people were thinking when they were carrying out something stupid like that. Whats so hard about turning the tired by hand? I mean even when idling my back tire turns a bit on it's own.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts