Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok,had a 250 rebel for 3 years, a 750 shadow for 2 years & now i want to try the flip side of riding. bought and sold a cbrf4i i got from a friend and made a few bucks, but I just cant shake the feeling I got from that damn thing when I took it out for a little test ride before i sold it, holy &$%# I almost lost my arms! I loved it, enough to sell the cruiser. i have been looking at the 600cc class of sport bikes and am really stuck in trying to make a decision! The gsxr seems to fit well & is pretty comfortable, the honda cbr seat sucks, but i hear the ride is made more for ridingthan racing? the kawi ninja looks and feels ok, but I hear it rides like a rock without shocks and is only for the track, and last but not least the yamaha is a good bike but the shifting is bad?. I've gotten way too many mixed signals at the dealerships I need some help from people who actually ride!:confused:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
First thing first, you cant make a bad decision here. All of them are good bikes, and non have serious flaws. Yes, 636's have the most race like features, while the 600RR's have the most street. But a 636 will still do great on the street, and a 600RR will do fine at the track.

That said, the 600RR is my favorite. The steering a heavier, so it doesnt feel flickable, but once you lean it, the stability is great. I'm faster on those bikes than I am on my zx10, just becouse of how forgiving it is. Its the easiest bike to go fast on.

The seat is made of plywood. It sucks. Bad. But you could always get a corbin replacement.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
+1 Honda is known for their stability. Same with my bike, F4, not as flickable as R6 or SV650, but once it's leaned (and it is easy to lean), the bike has mind of its own and will forgive lack of skill at times when ridden hard. It will take care of the rider without drama. :thumb:

P.S. To elaborate, most flickable bikes often require expert hand and smoother control, otherwise, the bike tends to run wide or difficult to keep a good line without moving right or left. Also they tend to head shake on throttle or tires break traction easier.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
All of the big four in Jpn are in tight competition with each other. None of them are building lemons so it will be up to you & how one person views a bike is not necessarily how you or others might view the bike.

I have a Honda 929 & 954. Now most claim the saddle has to be replaced with a custom made one for stock is like a "plank" yet I like the stock saddles. Proof that each has their own view.

Buy one & ride it with caution. That is pretty well it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I love my R6. The shifting is a little hard, but that is only during the learning stage. Once you learn how to shift it, it works fine. Handles great. Too bad I have to sell it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts