Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's about 52 degrees right now, the sun is shining, and the roads are dry, so it's time to grab the gear and take the gixxer for a spin. Gotta make hay while the sun shines, as they say.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
No 999..............yet

When I saw your "I'm going for it" thread title on the forum, I thought you were on your way to the shop to pull the trigger on that 999 you were talkin' about earlier!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I saw your "I'm going for it" thread title on the forum, I thought you were on your way to the shop to pull the trigger on that 999 you were talkin' about earlier!
Oh, sorry to mislead you there. I didn't even think about that when I made the title. That will probably happen tomorrow or Friday, if at all. And trust me, you won't even have to open the thread to know if that's where I was going. Some things you just gotta rub in :twofinger

·
Registered
265 Posts
You guys should be jealous of me. It's finally like 80 degrees here. Plan on doing some rides in the next few weeks. :thumbs2:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys should be jealous of me. It's finally like 80 degrees here. Plan on doing some rides in the next few weeks. :thumbs2:
Definitely jealous! I wish we were that close to the 80's. I was just happy to get out for a while.

·
Registered
452 Posts
whoops !!!

just 2 days ago,
It was a nice day. 70degrees, dry, sunny with a soft cool breese. I was going to the far roads and hour away, our weather channel doesnt cast where I was going. Once there, a mild-rain scattered showers.
Feeling ambitious, and having confience in my pirelli fronts, I went pretty fast:eek:
I enjoyed the road in the rain, gotta clean the naked bike somehow!!!:D

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
+1. What a tease :twofinger

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
:cussing; At least in the dead of summer we might not be baking in our gear :p

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dunno, I've had some downright miserable days around here getting stuck in traffic. I felt like I was almost well-done by the time I got going again.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Oh, sure, it certainly gets very hot and very humid here, but at least out here we get a reasonable breeze thanks to the flat land. Since I almost never sit in traffic its not a concern for me :D

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I try not to but I recall 2 specific incidents after picking my bike up from the shop and there was a typical backup at the I-70/I-75 interchange. Pure torture.

Other than that, I try to stay out in the country...probably the same as you.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You know, I think I just jinxed myself with my comment. It's 52 degrees and rainy today. :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vipes said:
You know, I think I just jinxed myself with my comment. It's 52 degrees and rainy today.
[nelson voice] HAHA [/nelson voice]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts