Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and that people like this still exist in this country :finger:

Lavish tastes of card-carrying lowlifes

Profiteering ghouls have been using debit cards distributed in the wake of Hurricane Katrina - intended to buy essentials for evacuated families - in luxury-goods stores as far away as Atlanta.

"We've seen three of the cards," said a senior employee of the Louis Vuitton store at the Lenox Square Mall in affluent Buckhead, who asked not to be named. "Two I'm certain have purchased; one actually asked if she could use it in the store. This has been since Saturday."

The distinctive white cards were distributed by the Red Cross and the Federal Emergency Management Agency and carry a value of up to $2,000.

"It doesn't say anything on the card other than alcohol, tobacco and firearms cannot be purchased with it," the store employee told me. "There's nothing legally that prevents us from taking it, unfortunately. Other than morally, it's wrong."

The source told me that the two women who had made purchases with the card each bought a signature monogrammed Louis Vuitton handbag in the $800 range.

"They didn't look destitute by any stretch. You would never have said, 'They must be one of the evacuees.' … The one that I dealt with yesterday was 20. She'll be 21 next month." The source described the reaction of other store-keepers in the mall - which includes luxury brands Ferragamo, Burberry, Judith Leiber and Neiman Marcus - as "outrage."

"It doesn't say anywhere on there, but it would have to be a good amount to be shopping in here," the source said with a dark chuckle.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I don't even KNOW what to say to THAT! A freakin purse for $800?? Good god! I bet she could have been a little less selfish and gave the card to a really needy family or bought a family some food and water if she didn't really NEED the card. That's what I would do anyway. How can she walk around with that purse on her arm, feeling good about herself, when her neighbors are dying from dehydration and disease?:(

Jen

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:
I don't even KNOW what to say to THAT! A freakin purse for $800?? Good god! I bet she could have been a little less selfish and gave the card to a really needy family or bought a family some food and water if she didn't really NEED the card. That's what I would do anyway. How can she walk around with that purse on her arm, feeling good about herself, when her neighbors are dying from dehydration and disease?:(

Jen
Simple, she doesn't care about anyone but herself. I don't find this even the least bit surprising.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Amen on the avatar!

As for the OT, if the woman in question actually received the card, I suppose she can do with it what she wants. Get all the shoes and hand bags 2k will get her, but I dont want to hear her bitching after the fact that she didnt get enough.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Vash said:
Amen on the avatar!

As for the OT, if the woman in question actually received the card, I suppose she can do with it what she wants. Get all the shoes and hand bags 2k will get her, but I dont want to hear her bitching after the fact that she didnt get enough.
+1

I hope she likes the way her $800 Louis Vuitton purse looks in her coffin after she starves to death.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Spicer, we're agreeing too much lately... someone bring out a tazer. :D

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
yamagirl said:
Her hubby may be like that but it seems Claudia is not!

Supermodel CLAUDIA SCHIFFER considers herself "typically German" because she lets nothing go to waste, despite her incredible wealth.

Schiffer, who is married to British film-maker MATTHEW VAUGHN, makes sure she never throws money down the drain and blames her financial economy on her German roots.

She says, "I think this is the typically German way. I've been raised this way and will probably always be like that, no matter how much money I have."

Catwalk beauty Schiffer admits her friends sometimes find her thriftiness over the top.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts