Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
:laughing:

Never mind millions and millions of years of hard physical evidence, just have faith that it's all wrong! Only then can you realize the truth. That an invisible man who lives in the sky created us on a whim only a couple thousand years ago.

I've been in numerous parts of the south, and while the belief in creationism is there, so too is the belief in evolution. If you are trying to characterize the entire south as being creationist then you are sadly setting yourself up for disappointment, not to mention insulting a great number of intelligent and rational human beings who don't believe in creationism and happen to live in the south.

Have fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude, lets not start another debate, even though it sounds like you have become a terrible victim of the evolutionists' propaganda machine. The earth is about 4,000 years old and evolution is only a theory, not fact;)

Also, dude-the majority of Southerners would have to be creationists in order for them to justify the pulling of a film such as this from IMAX theatres:rolleyes:

Check out the cool site below to learn how ridiculous evolution really is. Did you ever wonder why the Public schools never teach the evidence against evolution? All you ever here is the evidence for it. That is simply because the evidence against it is overwhelming.

http://www.drdino.com/index.jsp

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
You claim to not want to start another debate, then proceed to throw barbed comments about me being a victim of of evolutionist propaganda? You religious people absolutely crack me up!! :laughing:

I haven't been this entertained on here since the days of Julian Solos!!

Look, one small podunk town in South Carolina cancelling a movie on evolution does not equate to the entire south believing in creationism. That you think it does explains a great deal about you though, especially since I doubt you've spent much time there.

I may give your link a look, as I do love a good comedy now and then.

Dude. ;)

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Out of curiousity, would anyone be opposed to me moving this thread out of the Redline forum? I'd like to see some other site member's views on some of these subjects, and also don't want to see a perfectly good debate closed.

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
GlenF4i said:
Dude, lets not start another debate, even though it sounds like you have become a terrible victim of the evolutionists' propaganda machine. The earth is about 4,000 years old and evolution is only a theory, not fact;)
So you are saying creationisim is a fact and evolution is a theory?? Hmmm. Interesting how things like wisdom teeth are slowly fading from the mouths of humans over time (supporting evolution), thousands of creatures are becoming extinct (supporting Darwinism), yet there isn't anything out there that is proof of creationisim. Oh wait, that's because it is faith based, not scientific fact, so it, in effect, is a theory as well.

Oh, and if the world is only 4,000 years old, can you please explain the dinosaurs to me? I'm a little lost. :confused:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Thread moved. :D

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
GlenF4i said:
You're close, but not quite. Evolution is both fact and theory. This may be hard to follow, because just accepting an answer such as creationsim is the easy thing to do, but it is also the lazy thing to do. Easy answers many times aren't the right ones. Evolution is most certainly a fact. There is so much evidence proving it as fact that it is undeniable, save for those who are bigoted against it (thankfuly though, evolution will take care of those people ;)). The theory part you refer to is the mechanism of evolution. Darwin proposed natural selection as a possible mechanism, but natural selection is admittedly only a theory. Almost anyone who knows anything about evolution knows, and more importantly accepts this.

Here is another mind-bender for you. "Fact" does not mean "absolute certainty." No such thing exists. In science "fact" can only mean confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional consent. Evolutionists don't claim absolute truths, creationists do. It's ironic though that creationists project this trait onto evolutionists (speaking of which, did you look into the projection thing I linked you to in the other thread?).

Ah, that's it for now. Time to go home. Perhaps we'll continue tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
731 Posts
The Link

The link provided seems to be things for sale.

I was not able to find any teachings readily available (at least during my quick stop). The site needs to be a little more user friendly as far as information is concerned.

I'll have to check back when I have more time.

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Sorry to deviate from the constant God vs Man battles, but they're not showing the film because of demographics.

You don't see second-hand Datsuns for sale in Ferrari dealerships, do you? Now,

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUMBLLLLLLLLLE!!!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Very entertaining topic, Spicer :D :D

The whole question of our origin is very grey. I'd venture to say that some aspects of both sides are correct. Who says Adam and Eve were as fully developed as today's modern humans? Infact, archeological evidence would seem to suggest they were more likely early hominids, based on timeline alone. If this is the case, humans had to "evolve" to get from there to here.

There is a fantastic middle ground, which makes a LOT of sense. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
You might want to review a few statistics about the glories of the Red States you are so anxious to move to. It varies but they seem to excel in crime, children living in poverty, divorce, etc. etc. You know, all of the Christian values. Make sure you lock everything up.;)

http://www.census.gov/statab/www/ranks.html

Funny how the reality is often quite different from the perception. Good marketers know how to play that fiddle. Thank you George, Carl, etc.;)

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Kevlar7R said:
Very entertaining topic, Spicer :D :D

The whole question of our origin is very grey. I'd venture to say that some aspects of both sides are correct. Who says Adam and Eve were as fully developed as today's modern humans? Infact, archeological evidence would seem to suggest they were more likely early hominids, based on timeline alone. If this is the case, humans had to "evolve" to get from there to here.

There is a fantastic middle ground, which makes a LOT of sense. :thumb: :thumb:
I think, for now anyway, that there may be a mix of both. As mentioned in other threads I'm agnostic so I do believe in god, I just don't subscribe to the :bs: manmade rules organized religions try to force onto sheeple. So at some point I do think everything had to be created by something. Might as well have been god. :dunno:

Though this does lead to the question of, "What created god?" If you try to convince me that god just is, then can I not use that same argument to cut god completely out of it and say that life just is?

Another thing I've randomly wondered is about a belief religious people have about god. Basically it is that god is infallable, or perfect. If that were the case, wouldn't all of god's creations be perfect? Seems to make sense to me that the creations of a perfect being would be perfect as well. Since we all know that we are not perfect, this raises two possibilities in my mind (I'm open to others as well): 1) God is not perfect, which indicates to me he has no control over us or knowledge of our future but is simply observing, or 2) God created us with flaws on purpose, which indicates to me that he simply doesn't give a crap about us and is only observing. :dunno:

Just thought I'd kick this thread along a bit.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I'm not ready to mix into this evolution/creationism battle, but a friend of mine had done a lot of consulting down South and he had a phrase I found funny (I'm not saying its true, you Rebs!)
The South will never rise again. They're too slow and stupid.
My experiences down South have been mixed. Birmingham harbors the worst racism I've seen in my pretty extensive travels. Liked lots of parts of GA, though. AL was ok, but I'd probably never do a Mardi Gras in n'orleans; Mobile is a better choice.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
spicersh said:
I think, for now anyway, that there may be a mix of both. As mentioned in other threads I'm agnostic so I do believe in god, I just don't subscribe to the :bs: manmade rules organized religions try to force onto sheeple. So at some point I do think everything had to be created by something. Might as well have been god. :dunno:

Though this does lead to the question of, "What created god?" If you try to convince me that god just is, then can I not use that same argument to cut god completely out of it and say that life just is?

Another thing I've randomly wondered is about a belief religious people have about god. Basically it is that god is infallable, or perfect. If that were the case, wouldn't all of god's creations be perfect? Seems to make sense to me that the creations of a perfect being would be perfect as well. Since we all know that we are not perfect, this raises two possibilities in my mind (I'm open to others as well): 1) God is not perfect, which indicates to me he has no control over us or knowledge of our future but is simply observing, or 2) God created us with flaws on purpose, which indicates to me that he simply doesn't give a crap about us and is only observing. :dunno:

Just thought I'd kick this thread along a bit.
You make some valid arguments in there, that I simply do not have the energy to give a shit about. I've gone down most of the avenues of consideration on this subject, only to find a brick wall at the end of each one. I just decided that I'll find out the truth when the time is right. Most likely shortly AFTER I die.

I mean.... Satan will probably know the answer too..... Right?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I do not personally find such a major conflict between creationism and evolution anyway. There's nothing to say that God wasn't the one pulling the strings behind the scenes of evolution and nothing in science to say that He wasn't, a perfectly good and viable way to perform His task as the creator of Heaven and Earth.

I also don't grasp the maniacal focus on those several tenets of the faith that are completely beyond our control, to the exclusion of those Christian ethics that ARE within our control. "It's how you treat the least of my little ones, judge not lest you be judged, let he who is without sin cast the first stone, render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and God what is God's, to whom much has been given much is expected, etc. etc." We can march till the cows come home, beating our breast in highly visible lamentation, and then vote to refuse assistance to a single mother or family who are in impossible situations, requiring single mothers to work a forty hour week at a job that doesn't pay enough to afford rent AND proper child care, much less food and clothing, abandoning the family concept that we espouse to value so highly, and setting the stage to repeat the cycle all over again. ANOTHER child raised in the situations that we KNOW to be detrimental to the development of children. Tell me again how it's Judeo-Christian values behind the decisions of this nature. Tell me again the Christian value behind the policy that, when our government and economy is in record deficit, also at war, the poor getting poorer and the rich getting richer, we find it necessary to cut taxes loaded GROSSLY to the top few percent, and then LIE THROUGH THEIR TEETH as to the reasoning behind it.

Remember this? "A lot of those people who are being taxed are our small business men (of which I am one, 27 years now) who create the jobs in this country. Leaving them with that money allows them to hire more people." Remember that? It's one of GW's soundbytes and it's TOTALLY BOGUS! It only feeds on the lack of knowledge, attention span, or understanding of a sufficient number of voters to put them over the top while flying in the face of the interests of those very same voters. It's how they've worked the system and is NOTHING but a money grab by the wealthier in our society.

Why is it bogus? Makes sense to me. How can they hire people without money, right? Because ANY WAGES EVER PAID ARE AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN TAX DEDUCTIBLE! So is investment in the equipment to run the business, and a few perks outside that legitimate expense that are often buried in the expense column. No taxes were EVER paid on that money by the owner and furthermore, I don't know ANY owner who hired people just because he could, when he didn't NEED their help. In fact, it's quite to the contrary. They are more likely NOT to hire, even when they could legitimately use the help, and try their damndest to get that extra work out of already overworked existing help. In that persuit, they often burn themselves but hey, who said they were smart?;) And when was GREED added to the short list of Christian values?

These are just a few things I find so GROSSLY hypocritical from our Christian bretheren. Their stands on "values" that are in direct conflict with OUR Constitution are so all important to them, while the very Judeo-Christian values that they COULD espouse in total harmony WITH our Constitution, are not only left in the dust, but many of the most vocal of the 'Christian" right are at the front and center of that shift in policy that so harms "the least of my little ones". That's enough for now. Onward Christian Soldiers!:thumb: :rolleyes: :)

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Kevlar7R said:
You make some valid arguments in there, that I simply do not have the energy to give a shit about. I've gone down most of the avenues of consideration on this subject, only to find a brick wall at the end of each one. I just decided that I'll find out the truth when the time is right. Most likely shortly AFTER I die.

I mean.... Satan will probably know the answer too..... Right?
We'll ask him together. :thumb:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Go Dad! You put it very well. The hypocrisy was probably the main reason I "lost" my faith. Even as a child I couldn't reconcile the propaganda with the reality I saw around me.

Evolution is a fact. It is true. Why do religious people want to deny fact instead of finding out how their beliefs can function inside the realm of fact-based information? I always laugh when I hear "I didn't come from no monkey!" (for some reason they all use the exact same bad grammar). No, dummy, you still are a monkey! Eeep! Shit, we think we are so evolved and special (which is the ego in religion, thinking humans are God's best creation, how the fu(k do you know what God is up to in the rest of the universe?).

Really, with shit like the Imax BS in "the south", Americans are being made to look foolish, ignorant and backwards. Leave that to the president.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts