Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it.

Most cagers simply don't pay enough attention to that they're doing. <---- Obvious.

I've known since day 1 they're all out to kill me, and that LAW is proven/re-emphasized to me on a daily basis.

I USED to be somewhat considerate of cagers, understood that most people just don't pay enough attention to let's say, merging onto the highway.

I really no longer care, no matter how considerate you are to cagers they never fail to prove their incompetence in one way or another, thus I'm starting to slip into the "fuck 'em all" category.

Turn signals? Why waste my time, not like you'll be noticed, nor is there anything they can do about where you're going.

Waiting patiently behind someone who's merging onto a highway? Why? They'll only jam on their brakes in front of you an create an even MORE dangerous situation for you.

Wait patiently in stopped traffic like everyone else? F that, there's a higher likelyhood of me being rear-ended by someone on the phone or looking at something or other.

:finger: to the cagers...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ever taken a side mirror off a car with your elbow. Gotta love leather with elbow padding!:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
izzybo69 said:
Ever taken a side mirror off a car with your elbow. Gotta love leather with elbow padding!:D
no but i put a nice big dent in a brand new ford for pulling out into me at a stop light. I swerved enough not to get hit so then i stopped in the road and took the nice knuckles on my gloves and knocked the hell outta his fender.

·
Registered
32 Posts
01SuzukiKat said:
no but i put a nice big dent in a brand new ford for pulling out into me at a stop light. I swerved enough not to get hit so then i stopped in the road and took the nice knuckles on my gloves and knocked the hell outta his fender.
I have to get myself a pair of those gloves!!!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
On my 4 block long voyage here, I had 2 cars pull out in front of me. Both saw me, eventually, and stopped completely blocking my lane. Fookers!

I'm going to write my congressman and ask that "STOP" signs have "LOOK" on them as well.

I cannot spell therefor I edit

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
izzybo69 said:
I've taken two mirrors off a school bus who squeezed a friend on mine on his 10R (a "short" bus with one kid on it, the driver punched it, and almost took out my friend, all to simply not let him in front of him), punched through to pieces some kid's mirror on his beat up blazer (who didn't like bikes passing him, and decided to "crowd" me (which incidentally, my friend later told me if he knew I was going to smash his mirror, he would have done the same on the other side!), and one driver's side window "reconfigured" from a guy on a minivan who intentionally jammed on his brakes) and those are just the ones in the last year or so....

I guess you could say I'm the guy in, "someday you're going to piss off the wrong GUY on a bike..."

:finger:

·
Registered
10 Posts
i definately agree to that and in case you are lookin for these gloves you won't find them i had my mom sew some of my buddies military flak vest material into the knuckles. you know in case things get out of hand lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well, i have taken a mirror off, and i promise you this, that dood will not brake check a bike again!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Some people just don't have the temperament to ride motorcycles on the street. I hope you come to realize that you're one of those who doesn't have it, and either adopt an attitude that will enable you survive or find another hobby before it's too late.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vash said:
On my 4 block long voyage here, I had 2 cars pull out in front of me. Both saw me, eventually, and stopped completely blocking my lane. Fookers!

I'm going to write my congressman and ask that "STOP" signs have "LOOK" on them as well.
hahaha this actually made me start cracking up

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Kicked out a brake light on a late 80's mustang when he tried to squeeze me into a tanker truck. :finger:

Last time a guy in a truck tried to brake check me. I tried to pass, he swerved :mad:.

Alright shithead, it's on like Donkey Kong. So I dropped back a bit and waited. I knew the road like the back of my hand so I knew where I could get him. I dropped down a gear coming out of a turn that went into a straight away, blew by him like he was standing still. :D Then I toyed with him:twofinger . I slowed down, let him catch up a little. He was about 50 feet behind me, I looked back, waived, flipped him off and took off. :D

My buddy got run off the road by a mini-van on purpose. He stopped, picked up a rock, pretty good size one. Took off after the van, got next to the van and chucked it through the side read window. :eek:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Truthfully, I'm pretty good about this sort of thing, and USUALLY it doesn't get to that point, because I can usually circumvent where the situation is going.

However, what sets me off is either gross negligence, and in particular, pro-active maneuvering with the specific intention of interfering with a sportbiker that creates/results in a potentially dangerous/disastrous situation.

I tolerate all sorts of stupid traffic maneuvers because hey, that's life, but when someone attempts to put my life in danger through their intentional actions, I have negative tolerance, and there will most assuredly, be consequences for such individual/s.

The roads are effectively lawless in those moments, it's very likely there's not going to be a Trooper anywhere sight when people pull stunts like that.

On the roads, from a sportbiker's perspective, it really is every man for himself.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
slick1537 said:
Don't you guys have horns on your bikes?
What good is a horn when a 5,000 pound vehicle that never saw you in the first place is cutting you off? :confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone taken out a side window or dented a car while moving? Im just curious as to what you use ( Leg's, elbows ect.)
Iv been toying with the idea, and it would come in handy with the occasional cage killer.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The only time I use my horn is when I first get my bike or cage, just to see if it works, & will test it when I am about to sell it some yrs down the road.

Still I am with the thinking of DataDan for you can only look like a prize twit when you take on a cage & will feel like one if you survived.

A soldier with just a regular rifle cannot take on a ruddy tank & win so same with a m/c trying to take on a cage.

I had a casual dirt hill climbing friend in the States that got mad at a cage & caused something to find he was facing four big buggers & they beat him so severely that the most he could do at the hill climb where I usually expected to see him still outdo me---was to be there on foot, with two canes, to see some of his friends & competitors. Seems he never rode after that incident & that is a crime for he was only in his late 20s.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Big_Poser said:
Has anyone taken out a side window or dented a car while moving? Im just curious as to what you use ( Leg's, elbows ect.)
Iv been toying with the idea, and it would come in handy with the occasional cage killer.
Jester said:
Kicked out a brake light on a late 80's mustang when he tried to squeeze me into a tanker truck.

Someone on here used to carry ball bearings in their jacket. Cage would get too close, lob a bearing or two over your shoulder, right through the radiator.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts