Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my tinted shield. Sitting here at work I realized I'll be riding home at 10pm with my purdy blue face shield. Anyone have suggestions other than think ahead to avoid this situation.

Fortunately the ride can be made on the made strip in twn, and it should be well lit enough to keep my eyes covered from suicidal bugs. When i run onto side streets I'll just lift it up i guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry, wish I had an immediate solution. I'd recommend either carrying or leaving a clear sheild at work, or keep the clear sheild in and use sunglasses. (I do the latter). HTH

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have ridden with sunglasses and clear shield too, just not thinking ahead today when I left.

Hmmm I do sleep at work....

and no safety glasses around.

I am convinced I am screwed for tonight, but I guess there are no methods other than a backpack of bringing the clear shield along, or strapping it on a bike? I was thinking maybe the inside of windscreen, but I dout it would fit, and the visors curves are more severe too.

Oh well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been known to zip one under my jacket. Can't say it'sthe most comfortable, the best for the shield, or that it'll work for everyone though

·
Registered
860 Posts
I saw an ad in one of these bike magazines for something to carry your face shield in. the shield fits around your side and there is a strap that goes over your shoulder. i dont own one but it might be a good start for you. I tried there web site but it looks like it no longer exists, but there phone number is 1800-766-4155
if you have an issue of motorcyclist probly an older one like May with the new r1 on the front and it should be in the back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts