Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lunch sucked... I cooked two Philly steack and cheese hot pockets and when I bit into them... they were just 'pockets'. There was no filling at all throughout the entirity of the hot pocket... I hope the rest of my day doesn't suck like this... damn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
I usually buy lean pockets and keep them in the freezer at work. Quick and easy lunch. I'm sorry, but i can not join you in your boycott.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was really counting on you tippman... what if I told you that it was those very pockets that were stealing your electricity?!?!:twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
I was really counting on you tippman... what if I told you that it was those very pockets that were stealing your electricity?!?!:twofinger
LMAO :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Good one. I'm in if you can prove it. Or at least give me some reason that will make me believe what i want to hear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,400 Posts
Obviously you chaps do not make up your noon lunch the evening before you go to work along with coffee or tea in the thermos. I note a lot go to some greasy machine place or run for the garbage truck when it comes to the shop. Beyond me how people can eat crap like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well lunch is usually my first meal of the day, then comes dinner at around 7 and then second dinner at around 2am:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
I can honestly say i almost NEVER know when/where I'm going to eat lunch. I work outside mostly and we do not have a scheduled lunch time. You eat when you can. Packing a lunch and carrying it around with me all day isn't going to work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have officially decided that my mom now fits teh retirement curve... when I told her about the hot pockets, she pulled them out of the garbage, disected one so you could easily see the inside and then proceeded to document them. She is now planning on emailing the manufacturer for a refund and sending the pictures with it. It's sad lol. Going through all that work to get your $2 back:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
I have officially decided that my mom now fits teh retirement curve... when I told her about the hot pockets, she pulled them out of the garbage, disected one so you could easily see the inside and then proceeded to document them. She is now planning on emailing the manufacturer for a refund and sending the pictures with it. It's sad lol. Going through all that work to get your $2 back:D

I think a lot of old women are like that.

I was over at my chicks house and all her aunts were there. The mom and 4 sisters all in their mid 40's. Well they went to use a can of cool whip and it didn't shoot out like it was supposed to. So they starting yapping about writing the company and trying to get their 3 dollars back. She wrote the company a letter, i don't know if anything happend with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It may be common, but its weird to see the woman who 2 months ago didn't have time to make or even eat lunch, now documenting and complaining to a company that manufactures lunches lol. Their sad when they are old, aren't they?:twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,400 Posts
I had various job like in survey work, as assistant water trearment plant operator, full time fruit orchardist, clothing salesman, sportshop salesman, m/c mechanic & salesman, often doing work with the Banff National Park Wardens in Alberta, Cdn. To night shift, or afternoon shift to morning shift.

So as I said prior I would make up a lunch to go in my lunch bucket usually the evening before, the large thermos of whatever I might want to drink. So whenever we took a break, that would be my time to possibly have some of what I made up or all of it.

I was never forced to eat garbage so called meals as so many do, yet others that worked along the same ALSO did as I did.

Even on an emergencie mountain rescue call I would make up a lunch/meal & said thermos. Though not in in a lunch bucket it was wrapped up in my rucksack when the truck came for said work & the others had done the same. True if out for several days then they would get decent food to us often packed in by wardens on horse, to necessary tents though I always packed my own sleeping bag, & such. Remember trying to find lost mountaineers or novices on said mtns was for so many hrs or for several days.
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,434 Posts
Consider yourself lucky. Had there been filling in there it no doubt would have alternated between being still frozen and being just this side of molten lava. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
Aw man, you're about to get some free stuff! Companies generally send a bunch of coupons and free product to people who complain nicely. The key is to do it politely and say that you really like the product but you had a problem. The store where you bought it will generally just give you your money back or replace it, but the manufacturer will try to make you happy. Let us know what happens.
 

·
Some days are like this.
Joined
·
3,132 Posts
Nothing wrong with writing a nice letter to the company and explaining the problem.

I use Pampers brand diapers on my kiddo, and really like them, then I bought a package where the tabs were pressed into the fabric, and the ones that didn't have that defect had weak tabe that ripped off in my hand when I tightened the diaper. Either way, they were unusable.

I wrote Pampers a nice email, told them how much I loved their product and how had gone through all the other major brands and off brands, and came back, but I was disappointed in this package. I recieved a nice letter of apology in the mail, with a thanks for writing them, and some $10 off coupons. If you have kids, and you use diapers, you know that $10 off is a big deal!

Not all companies are full of jerks, and most of them like to know there is something screwy on a manufacturing line so they can fix it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Smitty said:
I had various job like in survey work, as assistant water trearment plant operator, full time fruit orchardist, clothing salesman, sportshop salesman, m/c mechanic & salesman, often doing work with the Banff National Park Wardens in Alberta, Cdn. To night shift, or afternoon shift to morning shift.

So as I said prior I would make up a lunch to go in my lunch bucket usually the evening before, the large thermos of whatever I might want to drink. So whenever we took a break, that would be my time to possibly have some of what I made up or all of it.

I was never forced to eat garbage so called meals as so many do, yet others that worked along the same ALSO did as I did.

Even on an emergencie mountain rescue call I would make up a lunch/meal & said thermos. Though not in in a lunch bucket it was wrapped up in my rucksack when the truck came for said work & the others had done the same. True if out for several days then they would get decent food to us often packed in by wardens on horse, to necessary tents though I always packed my own sleeping bag, & such. Remember trying to find lost mountaineers or novices on said mtns was for so many hrs or for several days.
'

Smitty must be a generational thing my grandpa is the same way always making up his sandwiches for the next day. Luckily I don't have to worry about that anymore. Working in a resturant means never having to think about lunch.
 

·
Some days are like this.
Joined
·
3,132 Posts
spicersh takes his lunch everyday, usually making it up the night before, and when I was still working outside the home, I did the same. It's healthier and cheaper to do it that way.

But then again, I'm turning into Scrooge in my old age. :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
spicerke said:
Nothing wrong with writing a nice letter to the company and explaining the problem...
+1

Mrs Tree opened a jar of bolognese sauce a couple of weeks ago. The safety cap didn't "pop" as it should have done, indicating that the jar hadn't been properly vacuum-sealed, or that it had been tampered with.

She sent the company an email and, a few days later, we received a package from the manufacturer. It contained not only a replacement jar, but about six other products from them. Was some good stuff in there! :D

Write a letter. Companies actually WANT to hear from you. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know they like feedback, but it just gets to me that she is working this hard to recieve $2 back lol. Somehow the cost/effort doesn't seem equal. I know an hour of work for me is worth alot more than $2... about 33 dollars more:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,400 Posts
Your grandfather & I think alike Karmastuntra mind you even Spicerke is showing his old age in doing the same. Believe me it is the healthy way.

Fact is a group of around 6 or 10 of us choose to pick our own place, at a fabrication plant, for coffee break & lunch rather then the diner. For we all did the same in our lunches while the others waited for the garbage truck to come around or would chase off to a greasy spoon joint to come back with something or even potato chips or whatever. Also we now realize that not only did we prepare our meals in advance, but were non-smokers & it was just something we did, well before it became a law of NO SMOKING in such buildings or even any thought of it. Of interest most turned out to have riden m/cs or got into it along with being keen on f/arms so besides our job we had a few other interests that did not jive with the others that were still getting over a hang-over or still on drugs & wondering where the $100.00 went last evening---probably their discussion.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top