Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im back, and it feels great. i picked up a 2000 zx6r with a somewhat bad 2nd gear for 1700 bucks. so guess what? my frame and engine will bolt right up! but for now, im just driving it as is and as long as i dont hit it too hard in 2nd it doesnt slip. its got a full micron carbon fiber exhaust, was laid down lightly on the right side, not a big deal. polished swingarm, pretty damn nice bike for under 2g if you ask me! so yeah heres a pic or two of it.

i gotta say, im so glad to be back i cant even describe the feeling. most of you probably know that feeling though, u all ride. every day when i leave the house to go to school, i see my truck in the parking lot with my totalled zx6r sittin in the back, and it makes me remember not to make that mistake again!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm glad you're back in the saddle, Neller, but now I gotta bust your bubble - anytime you're riding a bike with a bad transmission, you're running the risk of locking up your back wheel, with predictable results. You've got a good engine, slap it on in. Just 'cause I want you to get to be 44 one day.........;)

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Or just change out the plates and springs. Doing a clutch job isn't very difficult, you just have to watch what you're doing.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah its not super bad, it slips if you hit it really hard, other than that i can ride it out in second, but i normally just shift into second then right into third, but yeah my school term is done in 4 and a half weeks, and i get a week off before i have to go to work, so i think ill swap out my frame and engine that week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts