Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my new bike, its a 03 600RR, pickin it up sunday! got a smokin deal i couldnt pass up. here she is...MMMMMM FEEEEEELS SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey congrats Nate!!!!!!!! Great job! May I ask what the smokin' deal on thie lovely bike was, and how many miles it has? Has it been down before...I notice it has no bar end weights?

Cheers!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry, I answered my wn question....it has been down on the left side (rashed stator cover), but it looks like they repaired the body nicely! Is that a custom paint job?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it went down very lightly (see left side engine cover), was purchased by a guy who works at a dealer (you know insurance companies, they total bikes that get scratched up). the only thing that was wrong with it at that time was the nose plastic was cracked. he bought new nose plastic for it, had it professionally painted, and other than that only minor things, like it has mis-matched grips, missing the one bar end weight, and that black piece of plastic on the side, beneath the seat and tank, well the right side one is missing, but they are like less than $20 on ebay i just looked them up. hes throwing in a new nolan x-lite helmet that is painted to match, a new tank pad, and new gloves with blue in them that match. i got it all for $3700. oh yeah, and it has 2k miles on it.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it is custom, its actually factory mitsubishi electric blue with some clear coat sumthin (im no expert on paint...) over it that makes it change shades of blue in sunlight and go to almost a purple-ish hue.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Wow dude, congrats. :thumb:

:D

I do expect you to go riding with me sometime soon though, so dont dissapoint

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Good stuff nate :thumb:
too bad you won't get more than 50 freezing-cold miles in this year... :twofinger
-just playin, i was out and about yesterday...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i picked it up today, great bike, im real excited to ride BUT i dont think im going to insure it right away...i think its just going to go in storage...gives me something to dream about all winter while im on the slopes....since i dream about the slopes all summer!

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Neller0414 said:
i got it all for $3700. oh yeah, and it has 2k miles on it.
:eek: :finger: Why don't these kinds of things ever find their way into my life :confused:

Congrats and good work :thumb:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kanwisch said:
:eek: :finger: Why don't these kinds of things ever find their way into my life :confused:

Congrats and good work :thumb:
i have kinda a knack for finding deals...searching for stuff to buy and sell is kinda a hobby of mine, if none of you could tell haha. but yeah just got my buddy that 01 f4i with 5k on it for $3400 with a bunch of stuff on it, great deal too, picked it up in cincinatti, got mine in cleveland....and if anyones interested in a 03 954 i might have a good deal comin up with that too...

but i think this RR is a keeper, i LOVE it (always have loved RR's), it looks awesome in the sun, kinda sparkly and it kinda changes color a little and goes to a deep blue...its prett cool. and the exhaust sounds magnificent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts