Sportbike World banner

im a noob

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  chels 
#1 ·
well, im a new guy. ive been a member for about 3 days now, but my account finaly got activated. so here is am. i dont have a bike, but i dont think any other person without a bike can have a bigger passion for bikes than me. but yea, i want to buy a bike, but my parents are paying for college, so what they say goes. and they say no bike for now.

#2 ·
It's cool of them to pay for your schooling. Some of us aren't so lucky and had to do the scholarship/pay your way road.

Welcome to the forums, btw. :thumb:

#4 ·
Love it, man. Very comfy ride and has quite a bit of pick up. Not as much as a damn liter but enough to get anyone into trouble 10 fold. My break-in period is almost over too. Right now I'm limited to 6k rpms so once I get another 100mi on her, I'll let you know how fun she really is to ride. :D

#6 ·
My parents were the same way, I was living in their house (even though I wanted to move out) and I wasn't allowed to get one. It took me about 3 years of work, but I got my way. Keep on them and youll be riding in no time. Welcome to the board.

Sepias

#7 ·
No worries Fishwiz I am in the same boat but I figure if i put my head down work hard and save I will have that bike in a year. Parents say no at first but once they see will and determination they realize you really want it. They will least grudginly accept.

#8 ·
Also hit them up on just allowing you to take the MSF course. I went about it saying, "Let me take it for the experience, I mean who knows I may not even like riding an M/C." I also paid for it myself, even though they offered to cover it. I wanted to show that this was going to be my decision and I wanted to take full responsability for it.

Sepias

#10 ·
." I also paid for it myself, even though they offered to cover it. I wanted to show that this was going to be my decision and I wanted to take full responsability for it.

Same here , got my first ride at 16 and made all the payments , back in 1986 , I think . Geez , I'm gettin' old !
:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.