Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a lot of these type of things gong around the 'net, but this one intrigued me. Give it a try and post your result.

At the end of this message, you are asked a question.

Answer it immediately. Don't stop and think about it.

Just say the first thing that pops into your mind.

Now. just follow the instructions as quickly as possible.

Do not go to the next calculation before you have finished the previous one.

You do not ever need to write or remember the answers, just do it using your mind.

You'll be surprised. Ready? Okay, let's start...

How much is:

15 + 6

3 + 56

89 + 2

12 + 53

75 + 26

25 + 52

63 + 32

I know! Calculations are hard work, but it's nearly over..

Come on, one more!

123 + 5

Quick! Think about a colour and a tool!

Scroll to the bottom...

A bit more...

You just thought about a red hammer, didn't you?

If this is not your answer, you are among 2% of people who have a different, if not abnormal, mind.

For some reason, 98% of people think about a red hammer.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Dude WTF!!!

That totally blows my mind. I'm a little scared right now. (Looks around for someone to hug...)

Damn cookee, your finally back and the first thing you do is make my brain hurt.
Thanks a lot jack-ass!!!

:crying:

:twofinger

-M-

·
Registered
166 Posts
I lost concentration and started day dreaming. Missed the part about a tool and a color. Damn this A D D.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mstrand_68 - Sorry, mate, I should've put a health warning on it.

mainerdr and apuddy - :laughing:

Lost Nomad - No test required to tell you that. :twofinger

·
Registered
515 Posts
HA! I just made my roomates take the test, one said green hammer and another said purple screw. so :twofinger you cook

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lost Nomad said:
HA! I just made my roomates take the test, one said green hammer and another said purple screw. so :twofinger you cook
Even more abnormal people! Not surprising that you found each other and now live together. :twofinger

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

Silver hammer here. I think it's because I had a stainless steel pen sitting on the calendar next to my keyboard.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Lost Nomad said:

WTF I said green hammer too...

I guess I'm only half normal... but thats old news:D That first addition one took me a while though... 15+6 I mean who the hell ever adds 15 and 6?!?!

Sepias

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
apuddy said:
I lost concentration and started day dreaming. Missed the part about a tool and a color. Damn this A D D.
i did the same thing

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Anyone has the slightest idea of how that works?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
cookeetree said:
Nope.

Actually, I was kinda hoping you'd be able to shed some light on it.
Ok, Here is the best I could find. When we are tought the meaning of words (at very young age) we are tought with examples. The common picture for Tool is ussually a hammer, also sometimes a wrench. Thus thats the "default" tool in most of out minds. Color red is the one that is easiest for our eyes to see (as opposed to green, which is easiest on our eye), and is most likely the first color we ever see. You can also ask people to think of a bird. In most cases you'll get a robin. I'd be suprised if someone said seagull, and really suprised if I heard pinguin.
Not sure what the numbers are for, aside for just clear out your mind. Almost every one of those problems required you to carry a one somewhere, thus almost ensuring that you wont be able to think of something else while doing them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts