Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Strength and Honor
Joined
·
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its been a while since my alma mater had anything Championship-level in major sport, so last night's drive home was awesome listening to their schooling of Wake Forest.

Now if they can just get their road game together and keep the parts working through the ENTIRE season, I'll have something fun to talk about, sports-wise.

Well, besides my Steelers :D
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,434 Posts
Illinois has a basketball team? :twofinger

I'll bet they're no match for my big bad D3 school's team. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,849 Posts
kanwisch said:
Well, its been a while since my alma mater had anything Championship-level in major sport, so last night's drive home was awesome listening to their schooling of Wake Forest.

Now if they can just get their road game together and keep the parts working through the ENTIRE season, I'll have something fun to talk about, sports-wise.

Well, besides my Steelers :D
No offense Kanwisch.....but basketball has got to be one of the most boring sports on the planet. You watch a bunch of 8 to 9 foot tall bean heads run back-n-forth on a court with a ball.....come to think of it, didnt a Cro-Magnon man from back in the stone age start that sport? I have to admit though, that game the other night where everyone started fighting was the shit:thumb: .:2cents:
 

·
Strength and Honor
Joined
·
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Illinois: Finally an NCAA BB contender

sisqo said:
No offense Kanwisch.....but basketball has got to be one of the most boring sports on the planet. You watch a bunch of 8 to 9 foot tall bean heads run back-n-forth on a court with a ball.....come to think of it, didnt a Cro-Magnon man from back in the stone age start that sport? I have to admit though, that game the other night where everyone started fighting was the shit:thumb: .:2cents:
None taken at all, sisqo. Actually, I'm a football guy first, but we've been so bad that I don't even bother defending them. At least there's a new coach coming next year.

I will however say I like NCAA BB much more than NBA. And live is really the only way to watch. The NBA's just a collection of hoodlums to me, so I stopped watching any of it after Jordan left the Bulls the first time in Chitown. The fight you comment about is just evidence of my bias against the NBA.

Initially I had thought the fight was outlandish and without comparison even in hockey, but a friend on another site told me about incidents of NHL players pulling fans into the penalty box for a little playtime. I love hockey regardless, because they're not (at least publicly) being accused of rape every other week or capping some no-name in their old 'hood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,849 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Illinois: Finally an NCAA BB contender

kanwisch said:
None taken at all, sisqo. Actually, I'm a football guy first, but we've been so bad that I don't even bother defending them. At least there's a new coach coming next year.

I will however say I like NCAA BB much more than NBA. And live is really the only way to watch. The NBA's just a collection of hoodlums to me, so I stopped watching any of it after Jordan left the Bulls the first time in Chitown. The fight you comment about is just evidence of my bias against the NBA.

Initially I had thought the fight was outlandish and without comparison even in hockey, but a friend on another site told me about incidents of NHL players pulling fans into the penalty box for a little playtime. I love hockey regardless, because they're not (at least publicly) being accused of rape every other week or capping some no-name in their old 'hood.
Football fan ehh.....Kanny old boy, I think you and I will get along just fine:laughing: :thumb: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Illinois: Finally an NCAA BB contender

kanwisch said:

Initially I had thought the fight was outlandish and without comparison even in hockey, but a friend on another site told me about incidents of NHL players pulling fans into the penalty box for a little playtime. I love hockey regardless, because they're not (at least publicly) being accused of rape every other week or capping some no-name in their old 'hood.
Amen to that.

Hockey has always been my favorite sport. The Hawks have always been my favorite team...since '95 actually. Those were the days. Belfour, Roenick, Chelios...ahhh I miss all those guys on the team. Chris Chelios is one man that I would NOT want to cross. I also believe that hockey is the most physically draining sport besides soccer. I think that after the game, even the bad apples are too tired to get in trouble.

:2cents:
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top