Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I realize that everyone's money is green, and that it must cost a whole lotta dough to keep this site up. This site is the BEST sportbike chat/info/fun site on the net. BUT.....did 'ya hafta stoop this low? Please don't take offense, Master Webmaster, I'm not trying to be a phallic symbol here, but.....how....but I don't understand....nothing to do w/sportbikes or bikes at all. I'd rather see a (gasp..choke) Harley ad on this site than Brittney Smears. Shed a tear for the confused man, will' ya?

------------------
Cosmo
"Do you know how fast you were going, son?" "Gee officer, if I guess right, can I go home?"

·
Registered
873 Posts
HAHAHAHA

LOL...

Yeah ill second him on that one, unless you take the cloths off ole brittney up there...

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
88 Posts
EMINEM said it best:
"New Kids On The Block suck a lot of dick, boy/girl groups make me SICK." :D

------------------
That don't fix it? Get a bigger Hammer
1993 GSXR 1100

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Cosmo,

heh, sorry bro. I signed an agreement with the About.com Motorcycle area to be the lead sponsor of the SBW site. But it's on a month-by-month basis. They said most of the banners would be motorcycle related but that does not look like what is happening. So unless things change they will be gone at the end of this month.

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

[This message has been edited by Sportbikeworld (edited August 11, 2000).]

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Guys,

You are looking at things the wrong way. The more non-industry interest we get the better off we will be. Motorcycling needs this type of stuff. Compare US racing to European/World racing. There is very little non-industry sponsorship over here. DKNY was the major one and now they are gone. Scripto has a small sponsorship with Harley. Tommy Hilfiger was interested in the factory Yamaha here. We have Ford and Chevy now. This is a good thing.

I realize that SBW and racing is sort of comparing apples to oranges but they are both fruits. ;) We need to grow out of this Elitist attitude. :cool: That was a cool word wasn't it? :D

I do agree that a nekkid Brittany would be nice. :D :p

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

G

·
John, dispense with the B.S. immediately. Tell the truth, you have been dialing that "Meet the girl of your dreams NOW!" number that pops up, haven't you?

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I can't get anything past you Boudreaux. :p :D

Actually I was serious about what I said. Especially the part about Britany. :)

------------------
John

[This message has been edited by RCjohn (edited August 11, 2000).]

·
Registered
549 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is anyone else concerned here that Clark is bulemic? He's constantly using the little "barfy faces". I'm concerned about you, buddy! ;)

But really, I can't believe you guys look that much at the ads up there. Oh yeah, I forget, you're all using the site at work. I don't have time to sit and stare at the ads. :p :D :p :D

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

[This message has been edited by Luv2RideFast (edited August 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
John, Yeah what's next, maybe Tampax should get together with Honda to do a Ride Red campaign :rolleyes:

I see how it would be good for the sport to try and attract people of other interests to sportbiking but I'm not sure we should be targeting the teenie-bopper crowd.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!! :D :D

I see your point but Britany is not the only banner... I think I saw the Back Street Boys or N'Sync on there. They might get interested in something slow and easy like a Kawasaki. :rolleyes: :p :D

Tampax and Ducati would be a better match since they are red and only run about 5 days out of a month. :eek:

I'm sorry folks... Rug Burn made me do it. :p :D

------------------
John

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
John, Yeah what's next, maybe Tampax should get together with Honda to do a Ride Red campaign :rolleyes:

I see how it would be good for the sport to try and attract people of other interests to sportbiking but I'm not sure we should be targeting the teenie-bopper crowd.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

[This message has been edited by RUG BURN (edited August 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
741 Posts
lol... bulemic... i like those faces...

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT ;)

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCjohn:
I see your point but Britany is not the only banner... I think I saw the Back Street Boys or N'Sync on there. They might get interested in something slow and easy like a Kawasaki.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, I've been gone a while, but I think I still remember how to delete and ban people. Let me see..... ;)

Damn Honda riders. And even after I have been rooting for Nicky Hayden in AMA Superbike, they still pick on us Kawi riders!

P.S. ANYBODY BUT MLADIN!

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Luv2RideFast:

But really, I can't believe you guys look that much at the ads up there. Oh yeah, I forget, you're all using the site at work. I don't have time to sit and stare at the ads. :p :D :p :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not when General Hospital is on, that is :D
sorry, bad habit. My name is Clark and I'm bulemic-
-ah, I feel better now

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts