Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was/am reading about the 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6 & YZF-R6S & I noticed that they have diffirent ignition discriptions. The YZF-R6 is listed as having a "TCI" ignition and the YZF-R6S as a "Digital DC-CDI."

After doing some searching around I am still completely in the dark as to what either of them are representative of much less what the pros and cons of eich is. Any help would be much apreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the excellent link to the excellent information. It leaves me slightly confused though. According to the information on that page a TCI is most frequently used on less sophisticated engines than CDI are. So I suppose the YZF-R6 could be less sophisticated than the YZF-R6S, but I wouldn't think so. At least not noteably, it must be used for a specific reason that I don't know, like the fuel ratio is larger in the YZF-R6 than a CDI could comfortably handle or something. I guess it just struck me as strange because the YZF-R6 is clearly supposed to be "better" than the YZF-R6S.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
You're welcome.

Sorry mate, can't help you with your question. I'm not that technically aware myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts