Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've come into an extra $2000 and I have a dilema.

Come next spring I plan on buying 2 things: a new bike and a engagement ring for my girlfriend. My dilema is this, do I put the extra 2000 towards the bike or the ring, or do i split the money between the two??

I'm leaning towards the bike, them 2006 models look mighty nice ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
I'd put the money towards the new bike.......you'll be paying for that ring the rest of your life. ;)
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,437 Posts
Depends on what your priorities are. For me the money would go towards the ring, no question. :2cents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
If she really loves, she'll understand you wont be complete without a new motorcycle
[/sarcasm]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
STAY SINGLE: you dont need a paper for her to rub in your face during,after every argument... lot of women out there if you are young,, you have a lot of time to smell the roses and taste the honey ...

enjoy life before you decide to get married( enslaved )..live together and see how it is...no marriage is perfect...after 19 yrs
my wife still is able to put up with my bullshit.... and it has not always been great, ups,downs....

buy the bike and tell her its for both of you to enjoy...take her for a ride,,,then when ya get home take the girl for a ride...some women get turned on by bikes..makes for hot sex..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In a way its her fault i'm into sportbikes in the first place, she convinced me to take up the sport so It really benefits both of us if i get the bike, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
From a financial standpoint the loan rate on the ring will probably be for 1 to 3 year while the bike will probably go from 3-6 years. If the rate of the loans are the same (which will not be the case but they cant be to far off) the loan that takes you longer to pay will cost more in interest charges in the long run.

With that logic in mind, the lower the bike loan will be the more money you will save in the long run.

Scenario 1
$2000 ring @ 6.9 for 2 years 89.45 a month - total interest paid $146.91
$8500 bike @ 6.9 for 5 years 2000 down $128.40 - total interest paid $1204 over course of loan

Scenario 2
Pay for ring out right

$8500 bike @ 6.9 for 5 years $167.91 a month - $1574.57 total interest paid over course of loan

first scenario cost you 1350 second 1574.57. In the end it will actually cost you less to put all the money towards the bike.
Women always use the I'm saving us money routine with clothing sales. It is time for you to use it here.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
spicersh said:
Depends on what your priorities are. For me the money would go towards the ring, no question. :2cents:
Pay attention , Cookeetree....Once you get married, you'll have to learn to lie like this also..............;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
drgreenthum said:
From a financial standpoint the loan rate on the ring will probably be for 1 to 3 year while the bike will probably go from 3-6 years. If the rate of the loans are the same (which will not be the case but they cant be to far off) the loan that takes you longer to pay will cost more in interest charges in the long run.

With that logic in mind, the lower the bike loan will be the more money you will save in the long run.

Scenario 1
$2000 ring @ 6.9 for 2 years 89.45 a month - total interest paid $146.91
$8500 bike @ 6.9 for 5 years 2000 down $128.40 - total interest paid $1204 over course of loan

Scenario 2
Pay for ring out right

$8500 bike @ 6.9 for 5 years $167.91 a month - $1574.57 total interest paid over course of loan

first scenario cost you 1350 second 1574.57. In the end it will actually cost you less to put all the money towards the bike.
Women always use the I'm saving us money routine with clothing sales. It is time for you to use it here.:D
That's a pretty cheap ring, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Spectre855 said:
That's a pretty cheap ring, lol.
True but the math is still about the same. Beside its a rock pulled from the earth and cut and polished. I mean shit the profit on those things must be huge. I got a 3/4 pear for $2700 good quality and color. He can get one same size with a few flaws for a $1000 less. How much does a woman need. Damn he's wants to marry her isnt that enough:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Rundog said:
Pay attention , Cookeetree....Once you get married, you'll have to learn to lie like this also..............;)
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,904 Posts
buy her a bike and say thats her ring. Nothing is better then having quality time together, and what's not to love about riding together? I bet she'd enjoy that far more then a silly ring. But then again, the ring is for show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
Spend the 2k on the bike and buy some cheap ring at Mervyn's or Service Merchandise or something.

Just make sure it fits her and then burn the sales ticket. She'll never even know.:2cents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
Another vote for getting a bike. Plus, I'm sure you could find a nice ring at your local pawn shop for cheap.or out of a toy machine, for that matter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
sidewaysducati said:
She'll never even know.:2cents:

Unless she's one of those types, who will get it appraised the first chance she gets.
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,437 Posts
I'd be curious to see how many people saying to get the bike are either divorced, on their way to a divorce, or perpetually single.
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,437 Posts
Rundog said:
Pay attention , Cookeetree....Once you get married, you'll have to learn to lie like this also..............;)
I honestly feel sorry for you if you truly feel that way about marriage. No wonder only 50% of marriages make it. How sad. :(
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top