Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is the last week of November and we're having a 70 degree weekend in the Ohio Valley of Kentucky. Unbelievable. Went out riding Saturday afternoon and again in the evening and it was great. There were people out everywhere riding both times. Sunday is supposed to be another awesome day, but then a front is going to move in and drop the high into the upper 30s/low 40s for Monday. Bummer. But it may warm up again in time for next weekend. I love it!

For those who haven't put their bikes away for the winter yet, ride safe, and enjoy it while it lasts. For those who live in areas where it doesn't get cold in the winter: :twofinger

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Attachments

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
:crying: It figures. I pull my exhaust off, stabilize the tank, partially deflate the tires, and THEN the warm weather comes in.

Well, I suppose the upside's what Tippy posted.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ah yes! Loved the weather this weekend! Went out Saturday for a quick jaunt to a favorite spot, but a kinda bad thing happened. I rode my buddy's RC51 on the way back in, and the V-twin bug hit me. I may have to ride it a bit more, but I have a feeling that I might be on a Twin in the future.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What a great riding weekend though. Keeps the inspiration to not put my bike away too much.

I think it must get easier to put it aside when you've had several season of riding, but for me and my new found thirst to ride, I pray for a snowless and warm winter. :dunno:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Is it me or do most folks that love the snow live in an area of low populace(lucky) and not near a cagers nut hatch like Baltimore?

Just a thought.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Thunderheart said:
Is it me or do most folks that love the snow live in an area of low populace(lucky) and not near a cagers nut hatch like Baltimore?

Just a thought.
I'll break that one. Grew up in the highly populated suburbs of Chicago, and I have always loved winter. Deep snow, nasty windchill, and icy roads are a standard.

The things I like about winter were:
1) People were afraid to drive in it, so there were far fewer cars (in the days before the SUV craze).
2) No road construction.
3) No bugs to wash off the car weekly.

There are others, but those are the top ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts