Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new here.

My friend has a bike. A 1995 Honda CBR F3, and when she bought it, she told me it had no problems at all. However I think she got ripped on the deal. She said she spent close to 4 grand on it, and it ran perfect when she got it, with 12,000 miles on it.

But while she was getting used to it, she tipped it over. Apparantly, it took a while before someone could show up to help her get the bike back up, so I'm guessing fuel ran up. Since then it doesn't idle properly and if you leave it below 2300 rpm it shuts off. I know more about car's then bikes but I figured it might be that she flooded or injectors (car thing) might be messed up.

Another thing... I am pretty new to the bike scene, I know I have to take the MSF, and everyone says a 250 is a good learner bike, but you think I could learn with a 500 if I play it safe for a while?

Oh and where can you find stats for motorcycles, i.e. 0-60's, 1/4 miles, handling stats. Preferably Honda bikes and Kawasaki bikes.

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
when you say "new" you mean sportbikes, or all 2 wheel motorized dealy bobers? Don't get a bike you'll get bored of in 2 months. I got a 600 for my first sportbike (although I've been on dirtbikes since i could walk) and I haven't had a problem yet. Just don't let your wrist get you into trouble and you'll be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts