Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi peeps ima wondering how much is wise to spend on leathers helm gloves and boots

so want some idea of prices so i know waht i expect :) and can save for

btw i live in england so everything costs doble usa :)

thanx for teh help peace and ride safe

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
In the US, $1k should get you a descent set of gear. Not the best, but also far from the cheapest.
Helmet $350 should get you a nice shoei.
Pants can be had for $250
Jacket $250
Gloves $50-$100
Boots $250
Thats a total of $1150 Depending where you buy from, or wether you are willing to buy last years models, you can knock that down to say $800.

If you go to textiles, you can sagnificantly reduce that even more.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
only problem with ebay is that iam 6ft 5" and i dpont want to pay that much for somthing i have not tryed on as u can see cos it may not fit me

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Most manufacturers have a pretty good size guide on their webpage. I order online all the time, and so far all the sizing came out good.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
ride to dealers....try on stuff ....say thanks...ride home...look on ebay....find something you didnt try on....ride to different dealer 2 states away....try on....ride back.....look at bikes odometer....be proud you ride alot...bask in afterglow....look on ebay....find new stuff.....repeat.....

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
delarith said:
only problem with ebay is that iam 6ft 5" and i dpont want to pay that much for somthing i have not tryed on as u can see cos it may not fit me
Joe Rocket, Road Gear, and Icon fit me pretty good. 6'4" 220LBS. Expect to pay $300 for good jacket.

·
Registered
31 Posts
for a jacket at least...

ask a buddy or someone else who rides. I was told used helmets are not the way to go but I don't see a problem with used textile jacket in good condition. A friend of mine gave me his (no crashes on it by the way) for $50.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx for the advise peeps i will keep my eyes open

1 - 9 of 9 Posts