Sportbike World banner

I was melting to-day!!!

756 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ninja250F18 
#1 ·
It came up to a hair above 70F to-day & I dressed almost as cool as I could. By that I mean a textile pair of Joe Rockets Ballistic 4.0 trousers & only a pair of jocky shorts & not the Boxer type, pair of almost vintage leather boots made in '56 from a medium wt pair of climbing boots only with 10" high tops.

Mistake was a cotton full sleeve jersy under a very light sweat shirt & over that a Joe Rockets "Tahoe" jacket. Very much like the normal Ballistic 4.0 long only they just produced a few some yrs ago & realized to many errors in the maze of zippers & $100.00 more then a Ballistic 4.0, but I paid that for the bit of extra length for in those days the jackets were quite short.

A pair of $220.00 Cdn Joe Rocket gloves like the Speedmaster only I saw them at a shop, bought as one of the rare in X-large, & never saw said set in the net.

My Shoei along with a pair of soft ear plugs, but the heat had me finding it hard to keep 110% concentration on the road.

No liner in the jacket for that was the is the worst liner I have ever seen in my life & interfers with ones helmet & turning of the head. Fact is I forked out $440.00 (Cdn) to have a normal Ballistic 4.0 LONG with a liner in it.

Problem is Joe Rocket has not figured out how to get the flow of the air through the front, past the body, to the outside at the rear. I ride with the rear opened fully, but NEVER the two small front gaps for at 60 to 85mph I will look like Mr Michellin Man if any part of the front is oppened & worst will be the two small parts at the front.

Best if have ever worn is the MSR (Malcom Smith Racing) ISDE Pro Enduro & true it is a dirt jacket but man you should see the flow set-up. Like on the back it can be opened up from the middle of the back of one's shoulders to just above the elbows on each side & double zippers on both (meaning two on each part as dead center cannot be passed) so one can adjust what needs to be opened. The ISDE Pro jacket is so easy to slip into with its smooth perforated nylon liner that it is simply amazing ALONG with being waterproof due to Gore-Tex. I can have the front opened a lot, in hot weather, & nothing blows up at the rear. It only lacks in a maze of pocket though four is enought for me.

True this is not up to the hard spills on the pavement, but I did come off last June 6th at 160 or down to 100KPH when I lost it on the twisties, fractured a few ribs & tore shoulder muscles at fron & rear. STILL while jacket was filthy, just tossed it into the washing machine & it came out looking like new & not a fiber showing any strain.

I am going to have to find a HD shop & look at their straight cut leather pants (for that opening at the bottom of each leg allows one to cool off) with hope they might have something with a bit of padding on the knees & hips, along with a decent nylon lining, enough belt loops, along with a good fly length zipper, etc., & if so & my size that will replace the Ballistic 4.0 in the trousers.

For I think with just a T-shirt under that is all I need for present "Tahoe" with all its crazy zippers ---I do mean "like crazy" for someone must have looked for a maze of ways to have hidden zipper open-close pockets along with the incipid way of doing up the jacket at the front. Of course I do like my MSR ISDT Pro jacket in hottest weather.

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn smitty, that was a long post to say you were sweating your balls off and need some new gear:twofinger

I, on the other hand, spent the day flyfishing in a nice cool stream. Shirt off, and a 6 pack hanging from my belt in the water, and not another person in sight.:cool:

#3 ·
Tippmann said:
I, on the other hand, spent the day flyfishing in a nice cool stream. Shirt off, and a 6 pack hanging from my belt in the water, and not another person in sight.:cool:

:hurl: :barf2:

I built a fence in the backyard. No riding today, hopefully tomorrow...... hopefully :(

#4 ·
I rode a little this morning before it got real hot. I am in Santee ,ca and I think it was up to 102 near here. When I was riding at 1000 it was in the nineties. I have only had my bike a week so I really wanted to ride it but ended up taking it back home and taking the little one to the pool. Pretty good day.

#5 ·
Man you guys are lucky I've had my bike for about 3 weeks now and have only been able to get it out may be 6 times. The weather has really been doing nothing but raining and cold. Only a couple of days have be maybe between 50 and 70 degrees and cloudy. Hopefully the weather gets nicer soon.:twofinger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.