Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I took off my front turn indicators for my 2006 Ducati 749S. It causes my front fairing to be loose. What should I put where the holes where at? Should it be bolts? If so, where can I get them? Any recommendations? Also, my turn signals blink really fast in the back now? Anyone know why? If so, how do I fix them. Thanks ppl.

New Ducati Rider

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
# 1 - Why the f*ck would you remove your indicators????? :squid:

# 2 - The back ones blink so fast because of the reduced resistance, due to the removal of the front indicators. (I think that's right.)

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Bolts or screws will hold the fairing. You can pick some up at the local hardware store. I'd advise to get some weather resistant ones, unless you like changing them every 6 months

As for blinking fast, its inherent operation of the relay. It determines how fast to blink by the ammount of current the bulbs draw. The less current, the faster it blinks.
You got two solutions. 1. Splice resistors in parallel with your rear bulbs to draw more current, or 2. Get a variable flasher relay, and adjust it.

All that said, Turn signals are there for a reaon. I understand the stock ones might not look as good as you'd like, check out replacements from lockhard philips. They got some tiny things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts