Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... because I fixing/ replacing or was. I have some bolts and these two things I cant figure out where they go:( The two bolts are the ones with the big heads used to hold the fairings up. They go in the holes with the grommets. I have two of them left and cant figure out where they go! Any ideas? Also,... I have these two things,... I'm thinking they are some kind of washer/ spacer. IT's shaped kind of like a "T". Picture a larger washer with a cylinder sticking out from the center. The inside of the cylinder is smooth not tapped. Any ideas? One more thing,... I was out riding the bike and noticed the temp while riding around 8K rpms was like 190. It was about 80 - 85 outside. That temp sems high to me. It's been like good month since I rode her but that last I recall is that a normal riding temp was like 178. Is it high? I just changed out the coolant and I am goign to check for bubbles. I would take pics of the botls and stuff but i am at work right now.

·
Registered
525 Posts
180-190 is normal operating temps on warm days. My bike fluctuates between 180-200 depending if it's freeway or stopngo streets, but it's also 100+ in Phoenix daily. I would not be worried, but chaging coolant is a good idea. I just changed mine last week. I was told Engine Ice is the best, but couldn't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr.TrevorClever said:
180-190 is normal operating temps on warm days. My bike fluctuates between 180-200 depending if it's freeway or stopngo streets, but it's also 100+ in Phoenix daily. I would not be worried, but chaging coolant is a good idea. I just changed mine last week. I was told Engine Ice is the best, but couldn't find it anywhere.
Ok. Still gonna check fr bubbles though, You know what,... does this make sense, the manual says," undo coolant drain plug, take off rad cap, when drained, install rad cap, fill reservoir to line." It's not word for word but it doesnt say anthing about filling the radiator. Why not? Is there something I am missing here? I filled the radiator then installed the cap. then I filled the reservoir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts