Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pick up one of those litre bikes. I was getting board of the R6 needed more power.
:jawdrop:

LOL yea right. Really just wanted a sport tourer for two up riding and I did want a litre bike for two up also. So I picked up a 07 fz1. the R6 will be my track ho now.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Good move on the Yamaha FZ-1 for that gal has a lot of torque & speed if asked. ALSO it is a sensible bike for two up. Many a sportbike rider that had the money & still wanted his sportbike found the FZ-1 was the ideal bike for their g/f or wife to ride on. So in my mind you have the ideal bike.

Though not all of the riders have the money for a glob of bikes again the FZ-1 is the bike with 1000cc.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smitty said:

Though not all of the riders have the money for a glob of bikes again the FZ-1 is the bike with 1000cc.
Yea that was the other thing. I diffently new I wanted a litre bike for the street. But this bike is anywhere from 2 to 3k cheaper then an R1. and its also about the same price as an R6 dependiing on what model u get.

From what I have read this has about 130hp or to the rear wheel and something like 70tq. where the R6 is like 100hp 50tq

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Has a lot of good things to in besides the looks & the dual saddle, but also slightely lower compression ratio& change in the cams so better pull at the lower revs then an R-1 & for many the skelton form of the bike is more to thier liking then a full fairing.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bear56 said:
See yamahafz1oa.com for any questions. Great bike.
I'm all over that thanks for the heads up. My user name is a little different on that site. This site is the only site I didn't change my user name on out of the fourms I go to. Shortly haver I got my 01 r6 I changed my user name to EdgeR6, Which was part of my truck. 01 ford ranger edge. which I no longer have. but I have stayed with that name since. So genreally now any site that I sign up for I try for edgeR6

·
Registered
265 Posts
Could look it up but I'm THAT lazy. Is that bike an inline 4 or twin?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Vipes said:
Could look it up but I'm THAT lazy. Is that bike an inline 4 or twin?
4 banger, i think the easiest way to tell is the 4 pipes coming out to the exaust. pretty sure thats right.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah its an inline four. Basically a detuned r1 motor, maybe some older technollogy. Great bike, congrats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts