Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the club...

can someone list what accessories to have in order of importance, other than the headphones and USB cords that come with it?

Thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
depends on which you have. I'd say, a dock is really handy, especially the one with the audio jack on the back. Otehr than that, I bought (first thing ALWAYS) was a cover of some sort. I only dropped my ipods if I didnt have a case covering them. Maybe one with a belt clip if you dont carry around bags or such. Thats all i'd recommend. I also got earbuds that seal a bit better, and fit in under my helmet, but thats it. Enjoy!

which'n did ya get?:thumb:

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have a 30gig video and the only thing I felt a need to buy for it was a case.

As for things I wouldn't mind having is the ipod dock, the ipod camera connector (use your ipod as a photo dump when you're traveling) , an fm transmitter and some random connection cords.

I use my Ipod every single day for at least a good 8 hours. I have yet to need anyting other than a case to protect it. I do have a good set of head phones I use. I have the Shure EC3's. While they might be pricey, they make me feel better about my long use time b/c I don't have to turn the volume up to hear my music. I have cheaper ear buds like the ones that come with the ipod, but I have to turn the volume up quite high to really hear the song and I worry about the high sound level hurting my hearing.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i thought about the modulator, but the funny thing will be that my Ram will then have Sirrus, XM, 6 Disc Changer, FM and Ipod capability. If i cant find something to listen to after that I have bigger issues LOL

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Aside from the case, the only accessory I have bought is an AM/FM transmitter so I could play it over any radio. Griffin makes a nice one, but I don't know if they have one that will fit the nano. But the case is a must, get one with a hard cover over the screen as well, they scratch easily and the nano's have a bad habit of the screen shattering from a little bit of pressure:2cents:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a 4gig Ipod Mini for sale. Access include a dock, usb cable, arm band, and belt clip. 110 to whoever pms me first

·
Registered
860 Posts
hellsnat said:
Airport express,

Then you can play it through your sterio.

The Airport express is more of a computer thing, than a stand alone ipod product.

I have an Airport express that is my wireless acces point for my MAC. My computer streams I-tunes to my Airport, then I have to run a cable from my Airport to my stereo. There really isn't a way that I know of that you can use your Ipod with the product.

If you want to hook up your Ipod up to your stereo I would suggest this. That's assuming your stereo has RCA inputs on it, which most should.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Get a case for it to prevent scratching...same with any iPod. Haven't heard of screen cracking before but either way a case is nice to have. I use an iSkin and think it's pretty kick ass protection.

I listen to more podcasts and audiobooks when I travel than music...can't live without my mini but nano's are smaller and do more and I'm jealous. So be sure to check out podcasting. Not that you NEED an ipod to listen to podcasts but anyway.

I hear the 6G is right around the corner. WOOT. :cool:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've been looking into a Nano since my previous MP3 player took a dump on me....the only bitch I have is why can't apple put an FM tuner in it? My old one was smaller than a pack of gum and had 1GB and a tuner. I like the tuner for using at the gym...all their TV's are on radio transmitters so you can tune in the broadcast that you want to listen to. This is a nice touch and something I use extensively....Makes me wanna get the iRiver Clix instead just for this reason....Anyone tried the accessorie tuner from apple? The one big selling point that the iPod has is all the goodies you can find for it....

Justin

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I have the Griffin Itrip tuner and it works well. I don't know if they make a model for the nano though...

·
Registered
352 Posts
no accessories really I dropped some cash on good headphones. If you've got the money like 100$ the shure EC2's are REALLY nice noise canceling headphones. You get to listen to your music while you ride at a normal level.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got back from the apple store at Somerset. Got a neoprene case and an FM Modulator. No hard cases are available yet for the 2nd gen Nano.

I overheard the guy behind the counter tell another customer that they shouldnt move music downloaded from limewire to the iPod since it might kill it. Any truth to this or is it just propaganda to generate more sales for iTunes?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
The philosophy isn't to try and stuff as many features as humanly possible into the smallest enclosure...but to create something more simple for people to use. They can add an FM tuner into it, but they would rather not. iPod Radio Remote is available for nano's and iPods if you need a tuner. Limewire sucks, I never use it. 90 percent of the stuff on there is corrupted or even worse if you're a windows user because it's infested with spyware, viruses, worms...etc. Kazza too. I use "poisoned" for P2P stuff. It's a shame it's not available for windows because it doesn't contain all the spyware shit and it connects to multiple file sharing networks at the same time. That being said, I would worry less about your nano's health using songs you got from limewire and worry more about your computers health. Unless you have a mac of course.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Get some decent portable headphones. I use Sennheiser PX100's. They're $40 at Amazon and sound fantastic. Deep bass and decent highs, and they come with a great travel case also. I wear them at the gym all the time and they tolerate the sweat well. ;)

They won't fit under your helmet though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
All your music files are in the music folder. Not sure of the directory on windows but it should be the my music folders. Again, not sure how windows does it but there's a itunes library file that contains all your presets, playlists you created...etc. You want to copy that too.

Go to this link...
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/

And click the how-to tab. Even gives you a way to do this using your iPod...which beats burning DVD's or worse, CD's to copy your music.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts