Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, im hobbling right now cuz I am an idiot. Got caught out in some rain last nite and some soccer mom came out of nowhere in a parking lot, right while I was rolling across this massive painted square on the pavement, rear tire slipped when I braked and I slammed down my right foot without even thinking.

Didnt drop the bike but now my ankle looks like this big purple and black grapefruit, cuz yeah, I wasnt wearing my boots either, since the grocery store is like 2 blocks from my work.

I just keep looking at this ankle now and saying "good job nubbie" At least I didnt drop the bike tho, whaddya think?

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
kypdurron62 said:
I just keep looking at this ankle now and saying "good job nubbie" At least I didnt drop the bike tho, whaddya think?
Live and learn my friend. Ice it down, keep weight off it, should be fine in a week. :thumb:

At least you managed to save it from dropping.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I agree with jester, live and learn. Be glad you didn't wreck it. We all newb it up sometimes, I'm sure you read my recent adventure into newb-town. Just leanr from it, heal, and do your best not to do it again.

Sepias

·
Registered
675 Posts
understand the rear break will lock up easy and use the front more often it will provide more stopping power. Not saying that wouldn't have been avoided but just have a feeling you may not understand that the front break is the primary brake.

Glad your safe.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know the front is primary, just i really was sitting on a massive patch of bs slippery paint advertising the grocery store, and I really didnt want to drop it, that was the only thing I came up with to keep from going down. Sux that my ankle looks like gangrene but I'd rather have that than be repainting or buying new plastics.'

I just goofed. Prolly wouldnt even have hurt myself if the boots had been on. Oh well guess I just learned a pretty cheap lesson.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Now you know that no one is perfect for once in a while these things do come up & so you suffer. Sometimes the bike goes down as well as personal injuries slight as they might be.

So my best to you in healing up. Also you save the bike which is good for the down side would be damage to the bike as well!!!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi kypdurron62-

Get well soon and remember to follow the R.I.C.E. rehabilitation plan below. Glad to hear you saved the motorcycle:

R est
I ce
C ompression
E levation

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
mainerdr said:
understand the rear break will lock up easy and use the front more often it will provide more stopping power. Not saying that wouldn't have been avoided but just have a feeling you may not understand that the front break is the primary brake.

Glad your safe.
Agree, but there are exceptions. For example, modulating the rear brake is needed if you're making tight slow turns around parking lot. If you're to make a quick lean at slow turn, grabbing the front hard to avoid something is also a bad idea.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Ive still been having chest/back pains since my accient which was a week and a half ago. I got a doctors appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I am pretty nervous about what could be wrong.

·
Registered
609 Posts
slick1537 said:
Ive still been having chest/back pains since my accient which was a week and a half ago. I got a doctors appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I am pretty nervous about what could be wrong.
Hope everything's ok!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts