Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been posted before but Im having trouble locating a good thread. If you have the link to that thread please share. Also if you know of some decent shipping companies please leave their URL or #. THanks

Kyle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another good idea is to goto your local Hardley Drivenson shop and ask who ships their bikes, I have had mine shipped to Daytona from Seattle and thats who I used.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks fellas... but damn its expensive. I dont know if my seller has crating capabilities but im doubting it and with out it being crated im lookin at $500+ Looks like im waiting till late august to drive out and pick it up :mad:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Unfortunately costy of shipping is an extra expense some forget about.

If I was in another city & spotted a buy on a 'used' bike, then I would arrange with a m/c shop or even a handyman to actually do most of the crateing myself & even arranged for a firm to ship it.
After all I found 2 half-way across Canada from my location in Cdn. Still all arrived in good shape as I did most of the work. Mind you that ads to the final cost of the m/c, but so be life as nothing is free & all expenses must be taken into consideration.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Unfortunately costy of shipping is an extra expense some forget about.

Smitty said:
Mind you that ads to the final cost of the m/c, but so be life as nothing is free & all expenses must be taken into consideration.
Yes I took shipping costs into consideration, but i dont NEED to ship, I could wait until August 23rd... im just getting impatient:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Federal Transfer

Federal Transport. If you have AMA membership, you get a discount.

I have used them twice, and they were good with the skid and securing the bike to it safely. No worries, mate.

Phone: 800-747-4100, ext. 217.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts