Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been stopped twice now by CHP and both times I was told I was "heard winding it out" (no citations though). I have an unk. type carbon slip-on that is too loud (yes, there is such a thing:twofinger ) Who makes a s/o that is relatively quiet? It does not have to be factory stock quiet, but reasonable. I had the M4 in mind anyway, but not if it is gonna be really loud. Any suggestions?

P

·
0 Posts
IMO, just about any aftermarket s/o labeled as "race only" will garner unwanted attention if you really are "winding it out." Many Euro "race only" pipes, however, such as Akra, Remus, etc., are restricted to 98db as mandated by FIM. This is not obnoxiously loud at "around town" speeds. D&D, Two Bros., and Micron make some of the loudest slip-ons, but Micron does offer an "E" version, sound-restricted for tougher Euro standards.

Bottom line, look for a pipe that is not labeled as "race only" and you should be better off than you are now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
ive got an M4 and it is NOT quiet....
haha they even have a disclaimer on their website...

the Vance&Hines arent too loud...

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I've ridden all kinds of machines and db for db, the more cylinders you have, the more attention the cops pay to you. Two strokes are in their own world! If you can't beat this noise thing, I humbly suggest a 4-stroke SuperMotard.:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
REMUS

REMUS's pipes for inline-4's are rather soft. Their pipes for twins on the other hand are really deep. ANd whoever said that Vance and Hines weren't too loud must be smoking crack. V&H pipes have been tested time and time again as being in the top class of the loudest pipes on the market. :rolleyes:

P

·
0 Posts
Re: REMUS

ducoholic said:
ANd whoever said that Vance and Hines weren't too loud must be smoking crack. V&H pipes have been tested time and time again as being in the top class of the loudest pipes on the market. :rolleyes:
Well, I guess that depends on *which* V&H pipe you're listening to, because every one that I have heard has been pretty damn quiet, a lot more quiet than the Remus I have on my 929, which you consider to be "soft."

·
Registered
714 Posts
I actually bought the Remus pipe for my VFR in road legal form. It took longer to get as the dealer told me, "No-one orders these pipes, they all want race ones". Well, I wanted mine for looks mainly as I've found the noisey pipes get too much grief from the cops. It is noisier than standard, in fact my mate on his R6 told me it sounded really sweet while following me. But it doesn't offend round town. I'm more than happy.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts